Matt Walker interview - The SPfreaks Team

Many thanks indeed! I'm always looking to expand my music library. I'll be keeping an eye on the Downloads section. :)
I've looked in iTunes and have found the two The Most Dangerous Race albums you listed, so I will sample them this weekend. iTunes also has a theMDR 6-track EP titled "Arc", but I think it may have different tracks from the EP you were sent (an earlier version perhaps?), so I'll wait to hear your upload, and see how much of an overlap there is.

No problem whatsoever!

That Arc ep you speak of could be the same one but I can't find it on iTunes having checked the Store in Oz, UK and USA. If it's a 6 track it probably is the same but I can't be sure. I have it on my iTunes library but I can't find the actual disc and sleeve. What they sent me was just called The MDR Ep and it had a very graphic styled red and yellow sleeve like a Russian revolutionary poster.

The track listing is:

1. Blizzard 77
2. Signal To Noise
3. Senorita
4. Dare To Be
5. October Baby
6. Ashes In Her Eyes

BTW..he's not a Brit. Along with his brother Solomon, they are from Chicago.

What's a "mate". Like first mate on a ship sailing away from England to the USA?

BTW..he's not a Brit. Along with his brother Solomon, they are from Chicago.

What's a "mate". Like first mate on a ship sailing away from England to the USA?

Yes we all know he is from Chicago. Did you know the Pope is a catholic?

Last edited:
He plays the drums like someone having an epileptic fit. Now that I've seen his face, I'm wondering if he's been in a fire.

Got a lot going for him.

No problem whatsoever!

That Arc ep you speak of could be the same one but I can't find it on iTunes having checked the Store in Oz, UK and USA. If it's a 6 track it probably is the same but I can't be sure. I have it on my iTunes library but I can't find the actual disc and sleeve. What they sent me was just called The MDR Ep and it had a very graphic styled red and yellow sleeve like a Russian revolutionary poster.

The track listing is:

1. Blizzard 77
2. Signal To Noise
3. Senorita
4. Dare To Be
5. October Baby
6. Ashes In Her Eyes

Thanks for the track listing. The cover art sounds like something I would like. I think the reason why you're not finding "Arc" in iTunes is that it's being sold under their abbreviated name, which I can't really see the logic behind. If you check the US store and type in *themdr* it'll come up. Release date is March 2008. The tracks are as below:

1. Dare to Be
2. Ming
3. Years to the Ground
4. Dream into Mental
5. Blizzard77
6. Senorita

Yes we all know he is from Chicago. Did you know the Pope is a catholic?

The Pope is a catholic? I thought he was Italian. :confused:

Thanks for the track listing. The cover art sounds like something I would like. I think the reason why you're not finding "Arc" in iTunes is that it's being sold under their abbreviated name, which I can't really see the logic behind. If you check the US store and type in *themdr* it'll come up. Release date is March 2008. The tracks are as below:

1. Dare to Be
2. Ming
3. Years to the Ground
4. Dream into Mental
5. Blizzard77
6. Senorita

The Pope is a catholic? I thought he was Italian. :confused:

Thanks for that. Yes it's a slightly different track listing. I will find the actual CD with cover. I moved recently and it will turn up when I least expect it.

The Pope is Argentinian btw :)

Thanks for that. Yes it's a slightly different track listing. I will find the actual CD with cover. I moved recently and it will turn up when I least expect it.

The Pope is Argentinian btw :)

I hope your CD turns up soon.

I've just realized I typed "mental" instead of "metal" for track 4, and I'm now telling myself it was just a typo and not a Freudian slip.

Bummed to have been wrong about the Pope. Italy, Argentina, Austria - I can't help but get these Eastern-European countries all mixed up. ;)

I hope your CD turns up soon.

I've just realized I typed "mental" instead of "metal" for track 4, and I'm now telling myself it was just a typo and not a Freudian slip.

Bummed to have been wrong about the Pope. Italy, Argentina, Austria - I can't help but get these Eastern-European countries all mixed up. ;)

At least I still have the tracks.

The Pope is a catholic regardless of nationality. Are you not aware of that old joke stating the obvious?

i.e. Is the Pope a catholic? or Does the sun rise in the morning? or Does a bear shit in the woods? etc......

I dislike Matt Walker immensely and he's never done anything to me. If he is so good, perhaps he can find a better band to play in. G. Day makes his brother, S. Walker, look like chopped liver

I dislike Matt Walker immensely and he's never done anything to me. If he is so good, perhaps he can find a better band to play in. G. Day makes his brother, S. Walker, look like chopped liver

excuse-me-but-gtfo.jpg

Mr. Walker appears to have no personality. His face is unremarkable. His playing is mediocre. He cannot write music for Morrissey, otherwise he would have done like Boz, Tobias, and Gustavo. Mr. Walker adds nothing - and his brother is a liability.

Mr. Walker appears to have no personality. His face is unremarkable. His playing is mediocre. He cannot write music for Morrissey, otherwise he would have done like Boz, Tobias, and Gustavo. Mr. Walker adds nothing - and his brother is a liability.

Don't understand the outright meanness, but I AM partial to Andrew Paresi.

At least I still have the tracks.

The Pope is a catholic regardless of nationality. Are you not aware of that old joke stating the obvious?

i.e. Is the Pope a catholic? or Does the sun rise in the morning? or Does a bear shit in the woods? etc......

Yes, of course I am aware of all of that, just as I am aware that nationality and religion are two entirely different things. :) I'm sorry if it wasn't clear that my Pope-comments have been intended as jokes right from the beginning. I made them because I remember that the poster who pointed out that Matt was from Chicago (even though no-one had stated otherwise and everyone is aware that he is) had made other silly and/or ignorant remarks in other threads. Referring to Austria as an Eastern-European country was one of them. But I shouldn't assume we all catch and remember the same things. I will better censor my "humor" in the future, as my references may only be obvious to me - in which case I end up being the one who comes across as stupid. Oops! Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Yes, of course I am aware of all of that, just as I am aware that nationality and religion are two entirely different things. :) I'm sorry if it wasn't clear that my Pope-comments have been intended as jokes right from the beginning. I made them because I remember that the poster who pointed out that Matt was from Chicago (even though no-one had stated otherwise and everyone is aware that he is) had made other silly and/or ignorant remarks in other threads. Referring to Austria as an Eastern-European country was one of them. But I shouldn't assume we all catch and remember the same things. I will better censor my "humor" in the future, as my references may only be obvious to me - in which case I end up being the one who comes across as stupid. Oops! Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I wasn't having a go at you mate. Calm down. I thought it may have been lost in translation is all. :)

I wasn't having a go at you mate. Calm down. I thought it may have been lost in translation is all. :)

No worries. I wasn't offended - precisely because I know that a lot can get lost in translation when communicating online. But all is sorted now, and I have some new music to further explore. :)

Back
Top Bottom