Morrissey’s Publicist (Michael Pagnotta): He Was IMPOSSIBLE! - The Quintana Show / YouTube (April 11, 2022)

Screenshot_20220412-141722~2.png

A friend of mine and her husband ran a small PR firm in the '90s, and Morrissey was one of their clients. They signed an NDA and have never spoken about him publicly, but they privately regaled me with tales of Morrissey showing up at a theatre, seeing the lines snaking around the block, freaking out and simply refusing to play. According to her, at least he felt somewhat bad about it afterwards.

They had arranged several very high profile interviews with major mags like Rolling Stone, got people to fly to LA just to interview him, and he just f***ed off to his mother's house, unplugged the phones and was basically unreachable for weeks at a time when he could have broken through to the majors in America. He absolutely undermined his own career.

They describe him as ridiculously talented and (to her at least) quite lovable, but frequently and paralytically unable to function.
This is better than the main article….

Moz is it seems, by several opinions where there is coincidence, which is very unstable emotionally, in my opinion he is a good person but has ups and downs, when he feels good he takes commitments, but then when he has to fulfill them if he is not emotionally well he escapes and does not want to see anyone, except some people, and well he must be like that

I'm guessing as a publicist it was his job to try and get Morrissey to carry out some promotional activities to sell the albums - interviews, appearances etc. During the 'Vauxhall' period I remember we had Morrissey do a couple of signing sessions, which was great - but other than that I can't recall him doing much of anything.
He cancelled two high profile shows in the US. Carnegie Hall & Grand Olympic (which I had tickets to). If ever there was a time for him to break America, that was it… but, he blew it. So, I can understand this dude’s frustration.

It could be more original some other person copies the ssey, Lujissey there is only one. Don't use the ssey is mine!! Moz is like that and it's okay I love ai loviu Moz

At every single time his career is about to turn the corner into a whole new stratosphere, he does this? No it’s to much a coincidence to simply be mood or social situations , this is a man that props around the stage shirtless having fans hug and kiss him, all of us are human and fall to the occasional mood swings but we also have priorities and responsibilities so we all buck up and do what we need to do regardless of mood and attitude we have at the time.
Morrissey should be thankful that he couldn’t hack it with a ‘real’ job. It’s well documented that he would often go these mundane jobs and not last more than a week and then go crying back to (the dole?, I hope that’s right).

99.9% don’t have jobs that when we are in a bad mood or need to be a recluse that we can just go run away to our mother’s house and turn off the phone.

You’re point is spot on. I love Morrissey’s music, and he changed my life….but the truth is, he could never hack it in the real ‘working’ world.

You can love someone’s art and acknowledge they have changed your life for the better, and at the same time acknowledge most of the time he’s just a spoiled brat with ’first world’ problems that drives him to disappear or weeks at a time.

We should all be so lucky.

Be well and safe all…..

Happy Easter all.

I'm just checking in to see if Moz solo has the Steven Hendry and Steve Davis story on yet. Discussing Moz at the snooker on national TV.

it's coming........

Morrissey? apologise? unlikely.
Well, either he reflects on his idiotic troll provocations or he remains in media purgatory. It's hardly a matter of concern to most people nowadays.

Why employ any media person via a new contract if he's not prepared to rein in the crazy? Retrospectively wash out his potty mouth?

You can't bitterly complain about being cold-shouldered by the press when you exhibit clear signs of overt delusionality. Is he going to claim the 'Der Spiegel' debacle interview was an audio 'deep fake'?

He was lionised as an emasculated New Feminist Male initially, then tolerated as a curmudgeon controversialist but his bizarre 'hot take' on the Oslo massacre made even his most 'fan'-atical defenders pause...endorsing 'Britain First' whilst claiming never to vote 🗳 alongside advising folk to 'stop watching the news ' whilst pontificating ineptitude on current events finally exhausted the patience of his audience who stormed the exits.

He's a Boomer 'heritage' bucket-list ticking ticket draw. If he stopped playing Ye Olde Smithsonian Songyes no promoter would touch him with a fcUKin barge-pole. He remains chained to Johnny Marr's musical magpie genius and, hilariously, his wingman, having jumped ship before it sank, now finds himself with a late-in-life solo triumph. Revenge. Dish. Cold. Etc. Morrissey has a nerve criticizing Marr when he depends on that guitarists music to remain a commercial live proposition. FcUKin deal with it, Steven...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy
Bristol Harbourside

Last edited:
Morrissey should be thankful that he couldn’t hack it with a ‘real’ job. It’s well documented that he would often go these mundane jobs and not last more than a week and then go crying back to (the dole?, I hope that’s right).

99.9% don’t have jobs that when we are in a bad mood or need to be a recluse that we can just go run away to our mother’s house and turn off the phone.

You’re point is spot on. I love Morrissey’s music, and he changed my life….but the truth is, he could never hack it in the real ‘working’ world.

You can love someone’s art and acknowledge they have changed your life for the better, and at the same time acknowledge most of the time he’s just a spoiled brat with ’first world’ problems that drives him to disappear or weeks at a time.

We should all be so lucky.

Be well and safe all…..
It’s called ‘autonomy’. There’s a song about it. Give it a listen when you get older.

A friend of mine and her husband ran a small PR firm in the '90s, and Morrissey was one of their clients. They signed an NDA and have never spoken about him publicly, but they privately regaled me with tales of Morrissey showing up at a theatre, seeing the lines snaking around the block, freaking out and simply refusing to play. According to her, at least he felt somewhat bad about it afterwards.

They had arranged several very high profile interviews with major mags like Rolling Stone, got people to fly to LA just to interview him, and he just f***ed off to his mother's house, unplugged the phones and was basically unreachable for weeks at a time when he could have broken through to the majors in America. He absolutely undermined his own career.

They describe him as ridiculously talented and (to her at least) quite lovable, but frequently and paralytically unable to function.
Exactly this.

He is the architect of his own imagined predicament but insists his dwindling audience swallow the bullshit victim-script pity party each time he fails to put in the hours required to successfully market a project to the mainstream audiences he both craves and despises.

It's always been a pathetic spectacle and his hissy-fit prissy bitch Diva antics with NDAs and all the rest of it completely demolish his claim to be a torch bearer for Radical Art. He isn't and, in my not-so-humble opinion, he never was. He's a cute collagist with a sensational voice but, so what? Curtis Stigers can sing but doesn't regard his personal vocal talent as evidence of the Second Coming. Morrissey had singing lessons then insists he didn't. Beyond ridiculous.

I'm travelling to feast on the 'Saving Grace' collective as they present their 'under the radar' shows. No website. No P.R, just word of mouth. Robert Plant endured a genuine Apocalypse of Fame alongside the tragedy of losing a child and his best friend John Bonham. He has gently, respectfully debunked his Rock God youth and is now helping to produce some of the most astounding music I've ever heard. At 74.

Morrissey periodically claims to be a Cafeteria Catholic but that's more nonsense. A religion based on forgiveness does not embrace and enrobe in Grace a bitter, twisted fame-whore, still blaming others for wasting his life chasing the phantom of Fame.

It has apparently never occurred to Morrissey that he was selected as a 'useful idiot' by the London intelligenstia-cognoscenti to prosecute their fake Feminist war against Toxic Masculinity. Other silly singers were available but he was the most floridly newspaper headline generating specimen. Now, he's toast...unless he repents to The Woketariat Middle Class Guardian types who launched him as an expedient culture war weapon of choice but now rejoice at destroying him for failing to comply.

I very much doubt he's capable of Authentic Catholic repentance at this stage.

Morrissey imagines the music industry as a meritocracy where talent should uplift the gifted to Mount Olympus pantheon status but...it doesn't work like that. Its indentured servitude under 'works for hire' contracts and streaming income that can never replace lost physical revenue, hence his joy at his Caesar's Palace merch figures. 'Saving Grace' don't have any merchandise. They barely advertise because they don't want to attract the Led Zeppelin corpse vultures.

Why is Morrissey still playing songs written and performed by The Smiths collective? Because his whole 'solo' career has been a joke karaoke tribute to the persona-avatar he cloaked himself with as a young man. Such a clown.

Thank you for your excellent contributions to this site's discussions over so many years.

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

Last edited:
I think Morrissey was just ahead of his time, because I see on the news that a Kentucky man, who suffers from anxiety disorders, has been awarded $450,000 for panic attacks caused when his company threw a birthday party for him.

I think Morrissey was just ahead of his time, because I see on the news that a Kentucky man, who suffers from anxiety disorders, has been awarded $450,000 for panic attacks caused when his company threw a birthday party for him.
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore...

At every single time his career is about to turn the corner into a whole new stratosphere, he does this? No it’s to much a coincidence to simply be mood or social situations , this is a man that props around the stage shirtless having fans hug and kiss him, all of us are human and fall to the occasional mood swings but we also have priorities and responsibilities so we all buck up and do what we need to do regardless of mood and attitude we have at the time.
He does it because he knows that had he ever achieved genuwine Fame, he would have been effortlessly exposed as a freak show exhibit. As it is, nobody cares beyond mild curiosity at his increasingly ludicrous antics.

Well, either he reflects on his idiotic troll provocations or he remains in media purgatory. It's hardly a matter of concern to most people nowadays.

Why employ any media person via a new contract if he's not prepared to rein in the crazy? Retrospectively wash out his potty mouth?

You can't bitterly complain about being cold-shouldered by the press when you exhibit clear signs of overt delusionality. Is he going to claim the 'Der Spiegel' debacle interview was an audio 'deep fake'?

He was lionised as an emasculated New Feminist Male initially, then tolerated as a curmudgeon controversialist but his bizarre 'hot take' on the Oslo massacre made even his most 'fan'-atical defenders pause...endorsing 'Britain First' whilst claiming never to vote 🗳 alongside advising folk to 'stop watching the news ' whilst pontificating ineptitude on current events finally exhausted the patience of his audience who stormed the exits.

He's a Boomer 'heritage' bucket-list ticking ticket draw. If he stopped playing Ye Olde Smithsonian Songyes no promoter would touch him with a fcUKin barge-pole. He remains chained to Johnny Marr's musical magpie genius and, hilariously, his wingman, having jumped ship before it sank, now finds himself with a late-in-life solo triumph. Revenge. Dish. Cold. Etc. Morrissey has a nerve criticizing Marr when he depends on that guitarists music to remain a commercial live proposition. FcUKin deal with it, Steven...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy
Bristol Harbourside
It’s OK to like Peter Hook, you’ll find Moz fans a forgiving bunch.

Always great to read facts about the has-been Moz. His funeral will be a day of celebration.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom