'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?' - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?' - true-to-you.net

27 October 2013
morrissey_and_lou_reed.jpg

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?'

No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed. He had been there all of my life. He will always be pressed to my heart. Thank God for those, like Lou, who move within their own laws, otherwise imagine how dull the world would be. I knew the Lou of recent years and he was always full of good heart. His music will outlive time itself.
We are all timebound, but today, with the loss of liberating Lou, life is a pigsty.

'7 glasses used to be
called for six good mates and me
now we only call for three'

-Patrick MacGill

double_spacer.jpg

MORRISSEY
27 October 2013

Related item:
Lou Reed is dead at 71 - Oct. 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
You are dull as f*** with the comic turn of an unfunny Ricky Gervais script on a bad, bad hangover.

P.

And your opinion would be of interest or importance to me because.....

Know you limits and keep to them, sunshine.

- - - Updated - - -

Every discussion here turns into something else, something uninteresting and pointless. I know the majority of users don't want this to continue. May I suggest in future those who attempt to derail discussions away from the topic are ignored?

Deprived of attention a fool is soon dismayed.

Yes, everyone has the option of putting people they don't like on ignore. Not many do it, though, because they would rather annoy themselves by reading opinions they disagree with and making a big fuss about it.

For all the decent people out there - BB has successfully achieved exactly what he so pathetically wanted : 24/7 attention by strangers on an internet site . He basically plans to bully this site into becoming BB-solo.com! he sees himself as the true news-item in music culture!
If people would just stop replying to his silly tirades, he'd eventually get tired as all trolls do and wonder off into other shores where he'd, shamelessly in his old age, try to annoy other victims.

IGNORE the delusional troll.

2a0ajko.jpg

We all live on a finite personal timeline, as the death of Lou Reed in New York yesterday has shown. Though that death, after a long life and every technological medical effort to prolong life, is nothing compared to what happens in hospitals for the poor around the world every day. Or on the street for those who cannot access even the lowest level of hospital care.

This comment can be further explained this way: Millions of humans routinely die every single year in order to fund profits for Big Medicine, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them. They are deaths for no reasons other than profit, and death for such reasons are murder. If you quite rightly feel appropriate, proportional sadness at the death of Lou Reed, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the death of ANY innocent human being for lack of access to health care. You cannot ignore human suffering simply because poor people 'are not us' and cannot afford private, concierge medicine.

The recent death in New York is within the parameters of the possible, given the conditions involved, so to be shocked or overly emotional is inappropriate- unless you are a close personal friend or family member. As usual in such cases, the media give the deceased celebrity exactly what they, the media, want: worldwide maudlin pseudo-grief. We aren't told the names of the people who are killed by Big Medicine - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the latest dead star into a pseudo personal friend of millions is.... repulsive.

Lou Reed should be mourned by his family and by those who knew him as a friend, beyond acquaintance level, without ostentatious public statements. One hopes he is quietly buried away from the glare of intrusive media, and the shrill ululations of others who seek to validate themselves through proxy grief and emotional incontinence.

"No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed."

Dozens of words follow.

"Life is nothing much to lose"

Don't sweat the small stuff. Lou croaked. Everybody does at some stage. You will too.

Thank God? Would God approve of those "who move within their own laws"? I think not. "His music will outlive time itself". Oh, dear, the laws of physics aren't your strongest subject, are they? Lou lived a good life. Stop being maudlin and Melisma with your "Oh Lou" loopiness. No words? You use far too many to convey very little, just like in your tedious book. Life is what you make of it. If your life is full of pig-shit, it's your mind, you're the gatekeeper, nobody else. How can you claim to mourn the loss of someone from a life you regard as a 'pigsty'. Seriously, sort yourself out.

BrummieBoy.

Mercia. The island of Britain.

Monday 28th October 2013 C.E.

passing judgment on grief and loss is a buffoon's task.

We all live on a finite personal timeline, as the death of Lou Reed in New York yesterday has shown. Though that death, after a long life and every technological medical effort to prolong life, is nothing compared to what happens in hospitals for the poor around the world every day. Or on the street for those who cannot access even the lowest level of hospital care.

This comment can be further explained this way: Millions of humans routinely die every single year in order to fund profits for Big Medicine, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them. They are deaths for no reasons other than profit, and death for such reasons are murder. If you quite rightly feel appropriate, proportional sadness at the death of Lou Reed, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the death of ANY innocent human being for lack of access to health care. You cannot ignore human suffering simply because poor people 'are not us' and cannot afford private, concierge medicine.

The recent death in New York is within the parameters of the possible, given the conditions involved, so to be shocked or overly emotional is inappropriate- unless you are a close personal friend or family member. As usual in such cases, the media give the deceased celebrity exactly what they, the media, want: worldwide maudlin pseudo-grief. We aren't told the names of the people who are killed by Big Medicine - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the latest dead star into a pseudo personal friend of millions is.... repulsive.

Lou Reed should be mourned by his family and by those who knew him as a friend, beyond acquaintance level, without ostentatious public statements. One hopes he is quietly buried away from the glare of intrusive media, and the shrill ululations of others who seek to validate themselves through proxy grief and emotional incontinence.

"No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed."

Dozens of words follow.

"Life is nothing much to lose"

Don't sweat the small stuff. Lou croaked. Everybody does at some stage. You will too.

Thank God? Would God approve of those "who move within their own laws"? I think not. "His music will outlive time itself". Oh, dear, the laws of physics aren't your strongest subject, are they? Lou lived a good life. Stop being maudlin and Melisma with your "Oh Lou" loopiness. No words? You use far too many to convey very little, just like in your tedious book. Life is what you make of it. If your life is full of pig-shit, it's your mind, you're the gatekeeper, nobody else. How can you claim to mourn the loss of someone from a life you regard as a 'pigsty'. Seriously, sort yourself out.

BrummieBoy.

Mercia. The island of Britain.

Monday 28th October 2013 C.E.

Very, very, I mean very spot on, Brummieboy!!:thumb:

passing judgment on grief and loss is a buffoon's task.

My words are a paraphrase of Morrissey's 'judgment' on the murder of dozens of young Norwegians by a psychotic terrorist. He's a buffoon and you are a clown for not realising how I've hoisted you all, and Morrissey, by his own petard.

I am the sharpest Stanley knife tool in the back pocket.
You have been serviced by the BrummieBoy crew. Etc.

For all the decent people out there - BB has successfully achieved exactly what he so pathetically wanted : 24/7 attention by strangers on an internet site . He basically plans to bully this site into becoming BB-solo.com! he sees himself as the true news-item in music culture!
If people would just stop replying to his silly tirades, he'd eventually get tired as all trolls do and wonder off into other shores where he'd, shamelessly in his old age, try to annoy other victims.

IGNORE the delusional troll.

2a0ajko.jpg

Everybody has the option to put me on 'Ignore'. Contact the moderators if you are unsure of how to do this. There are about 6 people on this site I'm even remotely interested in communicating with. I have no interest in trolling the trolls, the cult followers of the biggest prat troll in pop culture: Steven Patrick Morrissey. He's a total troll, but not a Smurf, who were/are a harmless children's entertainment, unlike his poisonous concoction for tween/teen/Boomer Dad-Rock minds.

We don't. We do not need artists to tell us what to think and do or not to think or do, like Annie Lennox recently did. We need that people stand up and speak for themselves and don't give a toss about what people like artists are saying.

Having said this, from the three interview clips that I have watched of Lou Reed he seemed to be amazingly serious, gave most honest answers to every question and did not just talk out of his arse, I think the English expression is. One of the people who asked him questions wasn't put down by him when he admitted that he didn't know many things, even though he was a musician himself, and Lou Reed just answered his questions. No stop signs, no PC, none of that garbage, a cut through to how things were. I am greatly unimpressed by the people whom Lou Reed so obviously inspired. It is understandable that somebody would thus mourn the real thing. Morrissey himself is not and never will be any substitute. Nor all the others. There are very few people who don't talk others after the mouth. Morrissey does. I was very insistant on not wanting to read Morrissey's autobiography, but I have by now for the major part, learned from my past mistakes and started at the end, eventually spent yesterday reading the beginning and right now I am left with wondering how long it will take until the "all things cats" threads will turn into bird threats. To give you an idea what I mean.

In regards to what I read about Lou Reed in the book and his death later on my own confirmation motto sprang to my mind "Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!" (Psalm 25).

This is considered and appropriate. It approximates my own views about Lou Reed and his appropriation by lesser entities like Morrissey, who is an arriviste poseur, a flaneur at 54. Whilst one may find such behaviour 'charming' in a provincial lad, it's beyond sad that he has wasted 30 years of privilege in remaining mired in his squalid little mind, refusing to discipline himself to the art of thinking, never mind writing. His "Autobiography" is a serious crime against literary taste and decency, and Penguin will pay a terrible price for kow-towing to his entitlement agenda.

I love how BrummieBoy's obsession with hating Morrissey is so all-consuming that he can't even resist putting the boot into a simple statement from Moz expressing sorrow at the death of one of his idols/friends.
If BrummieBoy saw Morrissey walk down the street he'd immediately have to rush to So Low to post to the world how Morrissey was bending his knees all wrong, and his gait was awful.
Seriously, sort yourself out.

I've seen Morrissey on numerous occasions and reported precisely none of them here. Usually in pubs, clubs or elite hotel watering holes, not on the street. Though I have bumped into him whilst jogging by the Thames, etc. We share some mutual acquaintances. I have nothing to report about any such brief encounters as I follow the French with regard to privacy issues for media intrusion into the private lives of soi-disant 'celebrities' . Only a 'fan' would consort with the stalker agenda of those here who forced this troubled man from his home in Los Angeles. If you had the slightest clue who I am IRL, you'd understand why I say this and why I promise you: you are wrong. Morrissey is of little interest to me/she/them/us, other than as a text-book case study in the death of the punk/post-punk ideals. He's not the worst offender, but he's pretty egregious now. However, it's just politics, it's nothing personal. If you choose to insist otherwise, I can't help you. And I really don't care. Just put me on Ignore once you bother to register, that is.

He's paraphrasing Oh Jim, from Berlin:

Oh, Jim
How could you treat me this way?

Why is that appropriate? "This is the bed, where she slit her wrists, that odd and fateful night" Why doesn't Morrissey castigate Lou for clinging to life, if "life is nothing much to lose"?

Why is it appropriate to reference alcohol when that's one of the drug issues which seem to have brought about Lou's hepatoxicity? Smarty-pants allusion to Lou's finest work falls flat on it's face given the emotional rambling of the remaining text. It's a woefully inappropriate lyric to reference and it is done so with the intent to appropriate Lou's legacy for Morrissey. Disrespectful attempt to link Viva Hate tropes to Lou's life, which though sad and addicted at times, also involved other emotional facets which a genuinely grieving eulogy would highlight, such as:

"you're going to reap just what you sow".

We chose this as our wedding song. At the time, people didn't know the song, but they understand now what we meant.

My thoughts are with Laurie Anderson.

That's why I said it.

You didn't say anything, but you wrote:

"Of course we are all unique as creatures, and the value to society of plumbers, electricians and carpenters is in truth far greater than mere performers, but the reason Reed and others with similar talents are so regarded is that they are - to twist the language a little - "more" unique. "

No, they are not. We are all unique Snowflakes and Kate Bush nailed in in the recent song of the same name.

I can very easily do without everything in modern culture except sanitation, clean water and opiates for the final pain. Music and art is vital but it's not essential. Morrissey ranks with lap-dancers and stripping coppers with our crew. It's a night out or a LOL-fest at the latest Cd/public statement, then off to the pub/curry house to mock and sigh. How many Moz t-shirts would I accept to replace a leaking radiator? None. Cash only, mt8. Or a blow-job if I'm in the mood.

Of course his life is empty and meaningless. Anyone even semi-sane would go away and spend their time focusing on something they actually like, rather than waste all day hunched over his computer spewing bile on a website about an artist they hate.

BrummieBoy hisses and groans, and constantly moans, YET HE WON'T EVER GO AWAY.

What a sad, waste of a life.

Thought experiment:

"Of course his life is empty and meaningless. Anyone even semi-sane would go away and spend their time focusing on something they actually like, rather than waste all day hunched over his computer spewing bile on a autobiography about an artist they hate: themselves.

Morrissey hisses and groans, and constantly moans, YET HE WON'T EVER GO AWAY.

What a sad, waste of a life."

Discuss.

Brummie by name, bunny-boiler by nature? After inducing criticisms of Mozzer's 'wordy' book he decides to hijack the death of one of his favourite warblers to criticise Morrissey some more. I mean waiting to make the first comment, tragedy ensues?

For unedited unbridled joy Brummie Boy is fast becoming the heir to Morrissey's autobiography. I guess that's what happen when you read his book 3 times. The unhinged element seeps through. The new Birmingham Library seems to be already attracting those with nothing better to do all day than type streams of consciousness about a life imagined lived. Crown Court is a far better day out for free imho.

Yeah, right. I'm sure you're a B9/B10 Peaky Blinder 2 Tone Rainbow Laced BCFC BrummieBoy/Girl. *rollseyes*

The new library is just like the old one: full of hebophiles looking for sex...The Crown Court is boring and complex, but the Magistrates on Corporation Street is always fun on a busy morning after footie or a mash-up on Broad Street. I'm a stenographer and take unofficial notes on the sweet and tender types.

You obviously either don't know Brum, don't live there, or live somewhere that isn't quite Brum. Alvechurch or 'Royal' Sutton, probably. The type that comes into Small Heath for a match, trying to be hard, but is too scared to drink Turkish coffee with me and the gang in those wonderful 'ethnic' restaurants along the Cov Road in case some jihadis try and behead them: not realising the culture of Small Heath is almost universally anti-Salafist, despite the propaganda. It's the white trash who cause the real trouble, as always was the case when I was a copper patrolling the streets:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pavlo-lapshyn-jailed-life-after-2601596

Every life is a life imagined lived until it ends like Mohammed Saleem's did. Peace be upon him. And upon Lou Reed.

Last edited:
Thought experiment:

"Of course his life is empty and meaningless. Anyone even semi-sane would go away and spend their time focusing on something they actually like, rather than waste all day hunched over his computer spewing bile on a autobiography about an artist they hate: themselves.

Morrissey hisses and groans, and constantly moans, YET HE WON'T EVER GO AWAY.

What a sad, waste of a life."

Bboy, two days straight now of rapid fire blog blasts, they are very funny but I am getting worried again. ANN

You didn't say anything, but you wrote:

"Of course we are all unique as creatures, and the value to society of plumbers, electricians and carpenters is in truth far greater than mere performers, but the reason Reed and others with similar talents are so regarded is that they are - to twist the language a little - "more" unique. "

No, they are not. We are all unique Snowflakes and Kate Bush nailed in in the recent song of the same name.

I can very easily do without everything in modern culture except sanitation, clean water and opiates for the final pain. Music and art is vital but it's not essential. Morrissey ranks with lap-dancers and stripping coppers with our crew. It's a night out or a LOL-fest at the latest Cd/public statement, then off to the pub/curry house to mock and sigh. How many Moz t-shirts would I accept to replace a leaking radiator? None. Cash only, mt8. Or a blow-job if I'm in the mood.

If you prefer to edit out the part where I did, sunshine, you carry on. Perhaps if you concentrated more on what people said rather than obsessing over your reply your stream of consciousness grandstanding would be a more pleasurable experience for all involved. Too much transmit, not enough receive, BB. It's your Achilles Heel.

Some exhibit talents others do not, and in the curious world we live in, Wayne Rooney kicking a ball in a net garners him a quarter of a million quid a week, while a carpenter has a day rate of a one-er. Why? There are more people who can put up shelves than can score goals. It's supply and demand. Rooney, in that regard at least has a talent more marketable and profits from it. That is true in the top echelon (did you just hear a click?) of sport and the arts.

Frankly, I'm surprised I have to explain it to a man of such apparent erudition. This is the simple stuff. You are very entertaining, but you strike me as the sort of person who, if I had a giraffe, you'd have a box to put it in. I am compelled to ask a man who moves in such exalted circles why are you slumming it with we mere mortals?

Hello Jim

Yes, you speak for the 'masses' for Herd Culture, as does Morrissey. But you do not speak for Lou Reed.

I've 'followed' Lou since I was 12, but as a discerning member of the Audience, not a fan. He didn't change my life, but those who informed his art certainly did. He was only original within the breathtaking conformity of popular music. He's no literary genius. Nor is Dylan. And don't even think about suggesting that Morrissey meets the criteria.

The first time we met, Lou was non-plussed that I held back from the devotees and just raised my eyebrow. He approached me. We talked at length and he wanted to continue the conversation which we did at other times. However, he was not a personal friend, and was not well disposed to my criticisms that he behaved incredibly foolishly, as did Bowie and Iggy, in foisting the pseudo-rebellion of endless hedonism onto impressionable youth, just like all the other fake 'rebels' he hung out with. I hardly cared that he defended his behaviour, whilst Ralf and I rolled eyes at the Obvious Troll is Obvious re-run of already discredited tropes of post-war consumer excess as 'rebellion'. Mind you, we're rooted in the European industrial cultures of Birmingham and Dusseldorf, not the Norman vanity project of London or the Time Square Americana memetic cauldron that Lou and Andy traversed with aplomb. So it's perhaps understandable that Lou just couldn't follow the argument for so many years. Who cares? He doesn't. He's left the planet.

What was important about Lou and his colleagues in the Velvet Underground was that they referenced gritty urban culture at a time when the La La Land nonsense of hippy counterculture was hegemonic. Very few people noticed or cared. I only became aware of them because of a hip priest who had discovered them in New York. It's ridiculous for Morrissey to try and eulogise Lou Reed, who spent most of his career either as a genuine Outsider, or a bitter angry Bowie fellow-traveller, when Morrissey cares only for sales and acclaim by press and other C-list celebrities. As Eno suggested, the Velvets only sold 10,000 records but most who heard them went on to form bands which were usually crap. It shows that the real path-finder artists don't necessarily get crowds storming venues in Greece or given the keys to Tel Aviv, or sell more tickets than Oasis, etc. Now, the Velvets, like the Pistols, have become a tiresome touchstone, the Blarney Stone arse-kissing trophy/totem for fake punk/post-punk Boomers to comfort themselves that they were always hipper than the Zepp or Abba fans, for instance. No sensible or serious person now thinks this, and no-one did in playgrounds in English industrial cities in the early 70s when a bunch of pseuds walked around with "Raw Power" thinking that that made them 'hip', rather than desperate and insecure. Warhol, so much to answer for, etc.

If everyone who claimed to have been at a Sexy Pisser concert or to have been 'into the Velvets and the Dolls and Iggy' in the early 70s were assembled, they'd fill Wembley stadium several times over. People are telling porkies. And Arthur Lee's Love, for instance, are just as significant as the Velvets to serious cultural curators. Nick Drake..the Velvets told important stories that were ignored. Now? It's a cliche business card handed out by prats who thought Metallica were just heavy metal nonsense until St Lou showed them the light.

My eulogy to Lou Reed will be part of my posthumous diaries. For the record: I miss him, and last night, when the Rockabilly Halloween party in King's Norton was interuppted by a message from the stage that Lou had died, I couldn't get my mojo back, despite the wild ecstasy of The Delray Rockets. I drove home and wrote a song. It's called "Monday Mourning". If/when it's released, it *might* become clear what Lou Reed and the rest of the Velvet Underground meant in my life. But as they are now such an obvious reference by desperate hipsters, I doubt it will make the cut.

regards
BB

ps: Jim, do I know you? I'm terrible with names, but it rings a bell. PM me with a face pic,if we've met, and you'd like to reconvene. Or maybe that's another Jim Moriarty? You're not a BrummieBoy, are you? LOL! Stay sane? In this world? Without Lou! Dear God! Please help me! How will I get through this day? "Monday morning, as it's dawning, I'm just thinking about all the games that we played.."

I enjoyed the Voodoo Kings,
Regards,
FWD

If you prefer to edit out the part where I did, sunshine, you carry on. Perhaps if you concentrated more on what people said rather than obsessing over your reply your stream of consciousness grandstanding would be a more pleasurable experience for all involved. Too much transmit, not enough receive, BB. It's your Achilles Heel.

Some exhibit talents others do not, and in the curious world we live in, Wayne Rooney kicking a ball in a net garners him a quarter of a million quid a week, while a carpenter has a day rate of a one-er. Why? There are more people who can put up shelves than can score goals. It's supply and demand. Rooney, in that regard at least has a talent more marketable and profits from it. That is true in the top echelon (did you just hear a click?) of sport and the arts.

Frankly, I'm surprised I have to explain it to a man of such apparent erudition. This is the simple stuff. You are very entertaining, but you strike me as the sort of person who, if I had a giraffe, you'd have a box to put it in. I am compelled to ask a man who moves in such exalted circles why are you slumming it with we mere mortals?

I edited for brevity, the full text is below and doesn't change anything, sunshine. I'm not here to be pleasurable for you or anyone else and you are hardly credible to judge my writing. If you're entertained, I really don't care, just as I don't care about those who complain about me.

You return to your usual apologia for rigged markets in neoliberal fraud psuedo-capitalist economy. I hardly think it would be worth my while discussing Black Swans, Extremistan and market failure with you. There are many footballers with as much skil as Rooney, however, just like in corporate music, there is a process of managed destruction of talent to create the illusion of uniqueness simply to bolster the entire pyramid power structure of competitive sales/sports to enshrine and validate pseudo capitalism. Morrissey, like you, also buys into this absurd propaganda that he is worth it, that he deserves it by being a good little tour trooper and he sulks because what he regards as lesser talents are rewarded. Ditto sports fans claiming Man U's latest CD is better than Arsenal's. At least in sport there are rules, even if they are fudged by corporate funding shenanigans.

You explain nothing as you did not understand the point I was making about 'snowflakes'. You are not 'mere mortals' as every human being who lives is merely mortal, that's my point. I don't move in 'exalted' circles, I move in industry circles by chance. Those I encounter, like Morrissey, are often delusional about their talent, status and 'fame'. But not all of them. Others rue the foolishness of wasting their prime chasing ephemeral phantoms of 'celebrity' and wish they'd chosen The Quiet Life too. But once you cross the Rubicon, you can't go back. I study this site as a case, a particularly florid case of the star/fan psychoses prevalent in popular culture. If you actually had read my contribution, you couldn't possibly not understand that rationale. It could have been other so-called 'unique' entertainers.

I repeat: Entertainment is vital but not essential. I do not view artistic, utilitarian or ethical worth by the fact that someone one the lottery of the Premiership, the NME talent show or X-Factor. Unlike you and unlike the risible Morrissey. We are all unique snowflakes, but if the St Jude's Day storm returns and blows the power system, it won't be Morrissey books that people will be valuing, it will be the technical expertise which underlies contemporary society and the excess froth of which allows a superstructure of art and commerce, including Morrissey's "Autobiography". However, as his book is an entirely redundant reformulation of memes sourced and pilfered from other historical thinkers, there is no case whatsoever for affording it value or utility beyond any other ephemeral cultral product.

Next, Morrissey complains of conspiracy to deny him The Booker Prize and that Israelites are plotting to stop him selling as many books as J.K Rowling. *rollseyes*

I'm bored of this, time to move on and return when the clown returns with either a tour or a new recorded music product to flog, which may or may not contain entertainment and talent to justify the purchase price. If you reply, don't take offence if I don't bother to read your further inanities. My brain needs to recover from the hundreds of pages offered by L.Ron Mozzizzey.

bye folks!
until the next episode in the cult takes shape!

BrummieBoy

Of course we are all unique as creatures, and the value to society of plumbers, electricians and carpenters is in truth far greater than mere performers, but the reason Reed and others with similar talents are so regarded is that they are - to twist the language a little - "more" unique. If an asteroid hits the planet tomorrow few will cry "send for Radiohead!" You'd probably want a few bricklayers. Not that they'd turn up...

There are plenty of plumbers in my local Yellow Pages, but no Lou Reeds. Today even the New York Yellow Pages will need amending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited for brevity, the full text is below and doesn't change anything, sunshine. I'm not here to be pleasurable for you or anyone else and you are hardly credible to judge my writing. If you're entertained, I really don't care, just as I don't care about those who complain about me.

You return to your usual apologia for rigged markets in neoliberal fraud psuedo-capitalist economy. I hardly think it would be worth my while discussing Black Swans, Extremistan and market failure with you. There are many footballers with as much skil as Rooney, however, just like in corporate music, there is a process of managed destruction of talent to create the illusion of uniqueness simply to bolster the entire pyramid power structure of competitive sales/sports to enshrine and validate pseudo capitalism. Morrissey, like you, also buys into this absurd propaganda that he is worth it, that he deserves it by being a good little tour trooper and he sulks because what he regards as lesser talents are rewarded. Ditto sports fans claiming Man U's latest CD is better than Arsenal's. At least in sport there are rules, even if they are fudged by corporate funding shenanigans.

You explain nothing as you did not understand the point I was making about 'snowflakes'. You are not 'mere mortals' as every human being who lives is merely mortal, that's my point. I don't move in 'exalted' circles, I move in industry circles by chance. Those I encounter, like Morrissey, are often delusional about their talent, status and 'fame'. But not all of them. Others rue the foolishness of wasting their prime chasing ephemeral phantoms of 'celebrity' and wish they'd chosen The Quiet Life too. But once you cross the Rubicon, you can't go back. I study this site as a case, a particularly florid case of the star/fan psychoses prevalent in popular culture. If you actually had read my contribution, you couldn't possibly not understand that rationale. It could have been other so-called 'unique' entertainers.

I repeat: Entertainment is vital but not essential. I do not view artistic, utilitarian or ethical worth by the fact that someone one the lottery of the Premiership, the NME talent show or X-Factor. Unlike you and unlike the risible Morrissey. We are all unique snowflakes, but if the St Jude's Day storm returns and blows the power system, it won't be Morrissey books that people will be valuing, it will be the technical expertise which underlies contemporary society and the excess froth of which allows a superstructure of art and commerce, including Morrissey's "Autobiography". However, as his book is an entirely redundant reformulation of memes sourced and pilfered from other historical thinkers, there is no case whatsoever for affording it value or utility beyond any other ephemeral cultral product.

Next, Morrissey complains of conspiracy to deny him The Booker Prize and that Israelites are plotting to stop him selling as many books as J.K Rowling. *rollseyes*

I'm bored of this, time to move on and return when the clown returns with either a tour or a new recorded music product to flog, which may or may not contain entertainment and talent to justify the purchase price. If you reply, don't take offence if I don't bother to read your further inanities. My brain needs to recover from the hundreds of pages offered by L.Ron Mozzizzey.

bye folks!
until the next episode in the cult takes shape!

BrummieBoy

What an awfully insipid attempt at "satire". *yawns*

I repeat: Entertainment is vital but not essential. I do not view artistic, utilitarian or ethical worth by the fact that someone one the lottery of the Premiership, the NME talent show or X-Factor. Unlike you and unlike the risible Morrissey. We are all unique snowflakes,[...]

Reading your "Lou Reed is dead" era work I'm reminded of that old line attributed to Samuel Johnson. "Your manuscript is both good and original. But the part that is good is not original, and the part that is original is not good."

Characterising the sadness some felt here as a type of grief-mongering is utter nonsense. Personally, I was rather sad to hear of his passing when the news came through on early Sunday evening, but I was pretty much over it by the time the Bigfoot Files came on. Grief is reserved for those who knew him personally. On Monday morning I dialled up Street Hassle and wandered into town. The end. I doubt many here cried themselves to sleep.

Yours are not great insights, BB. It is trite, obvious hippy bullshit. f***ing snowflakes. Please. Light an incense stick.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom