Rumor Scott Rodger (Maverick/Quest): Bonfire of Teenagers scheduled for Feb. 23, delayed by featured artist

BFFFE472-6D40-4091-ABB2-5E1A898902D8.jpeg
764E84D2-F0E7-415B-9FB3-DF3D68D90CC9.jpeg

Scott Rodger of Maverick/Quest management took to Twitter responding to claims about BOT’s cancellation. According to Rodger what’s going on behind the scenes is legal trouble with a featured artist (must be Miley?) who was supposed to go uncredited for legal reasons. Morrissey announced their feature on his blog, which led to a delay as they have to scrub the vocals from the album and replace them.

Rodger gives a release date of February 23rd 2023 and no indication that that is off.

“Morrissey’s album was due for release in Feb 23. It will come out but Morrissey himself put out a statement in his blog that the album “featured” another artist who didn’t want to be credited and thus the artist’s label blocked the release. Nothing to do with Capitol.”

“The artist who did backing vocals will be taken off and replaced. That takes time especially as you hit Christmas. When you say fight, sadly it doesn’t work that way. The other label, Columbia, legally blocked it. They’re within their rights to do so.”

I’m not sure why this is posted as a rumour. It sounds completely legitimate to me; an understandable reason for the delay straight from the mouth of somebody involved in the management of the project.

I love Morrissey but he’s behaving like he always behaves & digging his own grave in a very de-ja-vu manner.

I’m not sure why this is posted as a rumour. It sounds completely legitimate to me; an understandable reason for the delay straight from the mouth of somebody involved in the management of the project.

I love Morrissey but he’s behaving like he always behaves & digging his own grave in a very de-ja-vu manner.
But why hide it away in a reply on Twitter, it should have been in the form of an official press release from Capitol if they were serious about this record. Something like «we are delighted to announce the release of a new Morrissey album. Unfortunately it is delayed due to an ongoing and difficult legal battle with the label that owns Miley Cyrus. We are working hard to sort it out». Clear and open communication is the key to all relationships, also the artist/record company/audience-relationship.

If Miley Cyrus did not want to be named, and Morrissey named her, kept talking about her, posted a pic of them together, etc. then maybe Capitol did not want to talk about it publicly. It's really not good publicity to say Miley Cyrus does not want to be associated with this project.

Morrissey should pick someone cool like Kate Pierson to sing on his album. Maybe Iggy can hook him up. Kate Pierson is so perfect :love:

I think Columbia were going to allow her (assuming it is Miley) appearance as an unidentified artist, but when Morrissey announced her name, that botched that agreement (???)
This happened with Danzig and James Hetfield on the first Danzig album. You can clearly hear James on “Twist of Cain” and “Possession” but he’s nowhere credited on the album. Apparently James was under contract with Elektra records and would have blocked the release if he was credited. Basically it’s old school record label shit, we own you, you do nothing without us getting a piece.

Good God, I was right.
Screenshot_20221224_082834_com.android.chrome_edit_58786067891029.jpg

(yes, I know it was in reference to the next next album, not BoT. I'm just making a joke)

I wonder who they'll get for the replacement vocals. Kristeen Young or Fiona Dodwell? :unsure:

Clarity at last

Is there? Morrissey said - Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records

Who do believe Morrissey or the manager who Morrissey claims to have left?

If that's legit, which it seems to be it is really a stupid move on Ms part. I mean then clearly his team or he himself caused the problem themselves. He just could have said:"Whoopsie, shouldn't have said that". That way he would have credited Miley (which he somehow wanted) but we would have all known the problem and that the album is coming out at some point. But blaming the label and making it look like they're just mean to him and now the parting way thing is just acting like a stubborn child. This way he is neither anti and cool for saying it nor a professional.

Is there? Morrissey said - Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records

Who do believe Morrissey or the manager who Morrissey claims to have left?
More pressing of the self-destruct button by Morrissey? Same as it always is with him. Another stirring defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

This happened with Danzig and James Hetfield on the first Danzig album. You can clearly hear James on “Twist of Cain” and “Possession” but he’s nowhere credited on the album. Apparently James was under contract with Elektra records and would have blocked the release if he was credited. Basically it’s old school record label shit, we own you, you do nothing without us getting a piece.
Used to happen very very often. Clapton uncredited on The White Album perhaps (?) the most notorious example back in the day.

Presumably Columbia are terrified of the bad publicity and Twitter cancellation storm that would result if Miley's fans knew she worked with an artist as toxic as Morrissey. I'm guessing a lot of her fanbase is pretty woke.
But she's posed in photos with him and has made no secret of her fandom of Morrissey. I don't get it.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom