So what's happening in 2024?

Most of the folks on here actually don’t like Morrissey, they say he’s changed. So we could imagine that he’s dead to them. And yet, like vultures, they continue to circle this site, and come swooping down to feed on any opportunity to criticize him, as if it was necessary, and beneficial to anyone.
zoom iv been saying this for donkeys years on here.

This reminds me of the Q magazine interview with Stuart Maconie, April 1994, where he answers the question What do you read? with "Nothing at all. I've given it up. It was giving me yellow jaundice. I've stopped. What's the point? I know everything."

We know he talks a lot of BS sometimes.

I suppose this photo was taken pre-1994 then?

0ebaa5c283f8d1d03ab513e9a038ccda.jpg

Also, I find it very hard to believe that he held on to some phrasing from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho for 20 years until he placed it in Neal Cassady Drops Dead.

Victim, or life's adventurer
Which of the two are you?

20240206_221633.jpg

20240206_221647.jpg

Note the next line also - he used the phrase 'shake me awake' in Art-Hounds.

Last edited:

View attachment 102387

Also, I find it very hard to believe that he held on to some phrasing from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho for 20 years until he placed it in Neal Cassady Drops Dead.

View attachment 102390

View attachment 102391

He likes to be hyperbolic - so he probably hadn't read anything for a week or something... but I can believe that he would hold on to a phrase for 20 years. I see the same words & phrasing turning up in his interviews for years - often used in different ways, so you have to cross-reference to work out what he means.

Most of the folks on here actually don’t like Morrissey, they say he’s changed. So we could imagine that he’s dead to them. And yet, like vultures, they continue to circle this site, and come swooping down to feed on any opportunity to criticize him, as if it was necessary, and beneficial to anyone.
Stop being so sickeningly dramatic, if you don't like the site, go away
Anyway, I think he should give away BOT at this point as a gift to fams for his really bad behavior, he should make it available online.
Maybe it will buy him some goodwill with the fans and the press.

He likes to be hyperbolic - so he probably hadn't read anything for a week or something... but I can believe that he would hold on to a phrase for 20 years. I see the same words & phrasing turning up in his interviews for years - often used in different ways, so you have to cross-reference to work out what he means.

Blimey, he really is clever.

Then again, everybody's clever nowadays.

Anyway, I think he should give away BOT at this point as a gift to fams for his really bad behavior, he should make it available online.

Nice idea, but the ego would never allow that.

I agree he would never give it away, but I think he is making a mistake because it would probably be downloaded a lot and he can brag about the number of downloads and that can take the place of his obsession with chart positions, I don't think he knows what he's missing.

Man, I don't want two copies!!! Do I have to? One's enough!

View attachment 102387

View attachment 102390

View attachment 102391

Interesting. Yes, I'm sure he never really gave up reading. Maybe we could all recommend some reading if this is indeed a year off? I usually read biographies but just now I'm reading Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow, a novel by Peter Hoeg from 1992, translated from the original Danish, which is a first-person narrative that reads a bit like an autobiography. Very interesting lines, such as 'someone who has always had a hard time dealing with the world and hasn't actually wanted to learn how', 'you can still hear a world collapsing in that music' and 'people don't say "I'm sorry" in Greenlandic'.

Interesting. Yes, I'm sure he never really gave up reading. Maybe we could all recommend some reading if this is indeed a year off? I usually read biographies but just now I'm reading Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow, a novel by Peter Hoeg from 1992, translated from the original Danish, which is a first-person narrative that reads a bit like an autobiography. Very interesting lines, such as 'someone who has always had a hard time dealing with the world and hasn't actually wanted to learn how', 'you can still hear a world collapsing in that music' and 'people don't say "I'm sorry" in Greenlandic'.
His books are great, you’ll have to keep going!

But what are you going to give away as your gift to us all for your really bad behavior?

Interested what makes you think that?
I wouldn't be expecting much thinking there...

zoom iv been saying this for donkeys years on here.

Do you not agree?

View attachment 102387

Close but not close enough: these ideas resurface in many minds. Lovely photo though. When and where?

Part of me wants Moz to kick back into high gear with his new management: get 'Bonfire' and 'Without Music' released and get back on the road NOW.

Another part thinks it might actually be of longer-term benefit to take the rest of the year off, have a really hard think about where he wants the next (possibly final?) stage of his career to go, his legacy etc, and come back with an entirely new band, new behind the scenes team, and new attitude, in 2025. Sometimes you have to go away for a bit to actually make people miss you and be excited to have you back.
He's too old to take a year off. To get his career back on track, he needs to:

1) Take some LSD to kill the ego that got us here.
2) Round up and take care of the catalog, get World Peace back online, and get the backlog two albums OUT NOW. Self-release is fine.
3) Apologize to the old band and get them back together. Fire Jesse
4) Apologize to fans for all these canceled shows. Stop hiding behind bs. Come clean. The LSD will help with this.
5) Get in shape. He looks like he eats fries and beer exclusively, and never sees the sun.
6) Clean house. Donnie, SER, etc all have to go. They haven't been helping. Anyone who agreed the YATQ anniversary shows were a good idea are just enablers at this point.
7) After all these... THEN BOOK MORE SHOWS AND DO WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO.

Strange though. The same ego that might not allow him, is the same ego that’s given him the drive to express himself and create the art that we love him for.

Edit, though I must add, that I don’t believe it’s always entirely the ego that drives one. Especially when that drive leads to positive outcomes.

Last edited:
What absolute shite. What do you even mean by “like Morrissey”? I don’t know him, how do I know if I like him or not?

Well, I’m talking about the relationship a fan has with an artist. I think you’ll agree when I say, that you can like or dislike a perception or image of a person, who in reality is a stranger to us, which is what we do here on a fan site.

I like the music he makes, although there is more shit in recent years. But that happens to all singers/groups. I love R.E.M., but never listen to Around The Sun because it’s shit, whereas I listen to Monster all the time. I never listen to World Peace…, but love Your Arsenal. Criticising Morrissey doesn’t mean you hate him. He’s not above criticism, despite what some of the brain-dead lemmings on here might think.

In my post, I didn’t say ‘hate’, I said ‘don’t actually like’. And never said Morrissey was above criticism. I’ve done it myself.

The only person on this site who hates Morrissey is UncleSkinny, and he’s mental.

goes without saying.

Or at least, some more unheard tracks with the same quality as Blue Dreamer’s Eyes.

Having said that, we’ll probably get the studio version of Notre-Dayum.

Strange though. The same ego that might not allow him, is the same ego that’s given him the drive to express himself and create the art that we love him for.

Edit, though I must add, that I don’t believe it’s always entirely the ego that drives one. Especially when that drive leads to positive outcomes.
You people who say you love him are completely mental, same goes for calling people who criticize him 'haters'. You are unreasonably infatuated with an image a stranger projects.

Back
Top Bottom