Virtuoso Vandenberg presses pedals for EarthQuakeDevices (September 12, 2023)

Guitar legend Carmen Vandenberg (BONES UK, Jeff Beck) sits down with EQD at Sunset Sound Studios in LA for a brand new episode of Board to Death!

Carmen runs through her current pedalboard which she is constantly evolving and updating for different purposes. Her array of pedals depends on whether she’s touring with BONES UK, accompanying another touring artist, or in the studio.

She talks about how she favors the EQD Westwood for a “bite-y” overdrive, and loves the Arrows clean boost. “It just makes anything sound better. It boosts it but it gives it more definition, kind of love having it on all the time,” says Carmen. She's also using the Sea Machine chorus and Afterneath otherworldly reverb on her board.

All round nice person, extremely talented guitarist with a history of playing with legendary artists, and current Morrissey guitarist does an interesting interview about the guitar pedals she uses. And the negativity and hatred of some posters here just astound me. Try and rise above the default toxicity.

http://www.jeffbeck.com/jeff-beck-something-say/

Jeff Beck met Carmen at a birthday party for Queen drummer Roger Taylor...

“Carmen was who I was after because I was looking to change my style, get away from sort of a musical cycle,” Beck says. “I wanted to have somebody who was adaptable and had ideas or just some youthful spirit. And Carmen had that.''

You can see Carmen playing with Jeff Beck in this video

“Carmen was who I was after because I was looking to change my style, get away from sort of a musical cycle,” Beck says. “I wanted to have somebody who was adaptable and had ideas or just some youthful spirit. And Carmen had that.''

Wow. I really hate this kind of music.

Gosh, sounds like she's trying to emulate a red hot chili peppers jam between songs. Pretty lame. And the whole band.
Sorry for Jeff, the only that may not sound crooked

She has played with different types of artists and bands that means shes a versitile player and can adapt, it seems like she likes playing with her own sound. I imagine she is quite focused and is good for Mozza's band.

Also, the way her face rests looks a bit like jeff beck when he was younger

Legendary? Morrissey is right. They do just throw these words out carelessly. I don’t think she’s quite legendary. She may be good, but let’s not blow it out of proportion.
Everyone is a legend these days.

Everyone is a legend these days.
Indeed. The term used to be reserved for the bravest of men, performing unthinkably heroic acts in the heat of battle.
Now, it's used to describe your mate Phil when he unexpectedly returns from the bar with an extra packet of cheese & onion crisps.

Indeed. The term used to be reserved for the bravest of men, performing unthinkably heroic acts in the heat of battle.
Now, it's used to describe your mate Phil when he unexpectedly returns from the bar with an extra packet of cheese & onion crisps.
The other prerequisite often forgotten is one has to be dead to be a legend. If we're getting pernickety that is.

I don't find her even remotely attractive

An enchanting demo. Makes me wish I could go in there and press pedals too. I could have been a contender. O yes! Famous last words!

If Carmen saw this, let her be reminded Morrissey fans are as kind in person as they can be mean on the screen.

She is very obviously Jesse's choice. I only realised recently that he has taken over direction completely and Morrissey is powerless to take back any kind of control.

Back
Top Bottom