What has happened to Swords?

Ethan Poe

I think the title says it all frankly, we are a little under two months away and there has been no information on the release. Do you all think this means trouble for it? Or am I just paranoid here?

Perhaps if it were a brand-new album, but I don't think we're going to hear two months in advance about previously-released material.

The release date is very likely to be put back.
Morrissey and the record company will not want this release to clash with EMI's release of 'Singles 88-95'.

I think I might have mentioned this a few times on a different thread...:p

There are print ads running in all the music monthlies at the moment advertising the liverpool and ally pally gigs, and in the 'small print' of those adds it lists a pictured 'YOR' as in stores now, and coming on October 26th the B-sides album 'Swords'.
Not exactly a media blitz then. Still just shy of 2 months away...

There are print ads running in all the music monthlies at the moment advertising the liverpool and ally pally gigs, and in the 'small print' of those adds it lists a pictured 'YOR' as in stores now, and coming on October 26th the B-sides album 'Swords'.

phew!

Well, exactly. A tour for a non-existent album? (yes, I know he's done it before, like back in 2002). I'm thinking that the setlist could be very interesting for the upcoming dates.

Peter

Well, exactly. A tour for a non-existent album? (yes, I know he's done it before, like back in 2002). I'm thinking that the setlist could be very interesting for the upcoming dates.

Peter
exactly..but i wonder if he sticks to the yor spring/summer setlist for the postponed dates who were canceled back then.ie. italy, france and royal albert hall,ldn+salisbury+birmingham..since it has been postponed dates and they havent listened to the YOR album live(except some londoners )
.if not similar to the recent tour , but at least heavy on the YOR tracks as it was concerts from a tour accompanying /promoting the YOR album
and playing more b-sides/ a diff setlist at the cities where he has played already .i.e. liverpool and completely new dates(i.e. sheffield)

Last edited:

Peter

I'm hoping it but I'm not thinking it!
In fact I'm worrying that it'll comprise the usual proportions of Smiths (25%), post 2000 (70%) and early (88-97) solo (5%) songs.

What I'd prefer is Smiths (30%), early solo (40%), recent solo (25%) and brand new stuff (5%).

I'm hoping it but I'm not thinking it!
In fact I'm worrying that it'll comprise the usual proportions of Smiths (25%), post 2000 (70%) and early (88-97) solo (5%) songs.

What I'd prefer is Smiths (30%), early solo (40%), recent solo (25%) and brand new stuff (5%).

:rolleyes:

Thank goodness Morrissey is not degraded himself as a nostalgy act yet.

However, I agree with others that he should play more early solo stuff rather than Smiths songs.

Think Moz might stick to a similar set as befor, but Just last week Boz said he was off to L.A on facebook, probably to rehearse, so maybe some new songs that they are going to have to nail, or maybe some that they havent played for a while. Think Moz should play I'm playing easy to get

Yes, me too. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what he plays at Swindon. :thumb:

18-20 songs

4 Smiths
1 Cover from a band artist
6-8 quarry-YOR time

the rest is songs from his other albums

1 Arsenal
1 or 2 Vauxhall
and with the re-issues
1 Soutpaw [boyracer, dagenham Dave]
1 Maladjusted Alma Matters or Roys Keen]

2 good b sides [ Lost.Nobody loves us.Sunny]

:highfive: See you there. :D

18-20 songs

4 Smiths
1 Cover from a band artist
6-8 quarry-YOR time

the rest is songs from his other albums

1 Arsenal
1 or 2 Vauxhall
and with the re-issues
1 Soutpaw [boyracer, dagenham Dave]
1 Maladjusted Alma Matters or Roys Keen]

2 good b sides [ Lost.Nobody loves us.Sunny]

Sounds fairly good to me. 'Reader Meet Author' would be nice to hear live I think.

There's really a venue called the Ally Pally? FML :(:tears: I thought it was a joke. Why would he play there?

Yep. Well, Alexandra Palace in London is shortened to Ally Pally.

Back
Top Bottom