Which of Morrissey's musical heroes has he -not- covered yet?

He should do a cover of a Fall song, considering he was a fan of Mark E Smith's long before he found fame himself with The Smiths.

Perhaps something like "Dresden Dolls" would be good for Mozza to sing, considering he only ever likes to do covers of songs that he enjoyed in his own youth. "Drive-in Saturday" is his favourite Bowie song, so I wonder what his favourite track by The Fall is?

What a song! AAH! Can't quite see Moz getting that monotone - the subject matter wouldn't be typical either. That said I would love to see it! :D

I'd like to hear him do a Sparks song .. just thinking which one
I imagine he could do a good Bon Voyage .. hmm maybe Here in Heaven, Happy Hunting Ground, How are you getting home? Complaints ... all of those I think he could do without the Russell Mael falsetto

This is so weird - I was just thinking yesterday about how Moz had never done a Sparks song - I could hear him doing Thank God It's Not Christmas and definitely How Are You Getting Home! x

Blue Moon of Kentucky :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm an idiot. I obviously mean 'Moon Over Kentucky'. He could also cover Elvis...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom