Aylesbury - Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (July 23, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
Does anyone know who the Pter Robinson is who Morrissey mentioned about halfway through the set? 'A local man, who is not very well....' he said.
All I could find was Leeds-born author who died last year. Not exactly local to Aylesbury though, and quite beyond 'not very well'.

Does anyone know who the Pter Robinson is who Morrissey mentioned about halfway through the set? 'A local man, who is not very well....' he said.
Peter Richardson from Preston Bisset , not Robinson which was a mistake

Ahh, that makes me really sad. I hope he comes your way soon. Just being in his presence is amazing. Everyone who wants to should have that experience at least a few times per year.

I don't usually sound off and tell everyone after I've been as I cannot stand people who brag about stuff, but I cannot shut up about it to those around me, lol. Not so much bragging but just being completely in awe. He might have broke my brain slightly. 😆
It's not bragging, it's just sharing and there ain't nothing wrong with that. As for tours we're used to it down here. In 2015 and 2016 we were spoiled with back to back tours with a residency at the Sydney Opera House 2015 and a mini tour of cities he's never played before in 2016 but nothing since then. Our fault for being so far away ;)

It's not bragging, it's just sharing and there ain't nothing wrong with that. As for tours we're used to it down here. In 2015 and 2016 we were spoiled with back to back tours with a residency at the Sydney Opera House 2015 and a mini tour of cities he's never played before in 2016 but nothing since then. Our fault for being so far away ;)
True, it's not bragging really, although some people definitely do that, but I would hate to think of people seeing it as rubbing their nose in it, if you know what I mean. I just feel a little shitty when I complain about "only" attending 4 when others are hoping for even a one-off gig in their country/near them. That said, it's awesome that technology has allowed us to be able to watch videos of gigs from every conceivable place on Earth and enjoy hearing it vicariously.

Oh, man, that sounds like it would have been fun - back-to-back and a residency. Amazing! It's such a shame that more artists don't travel to Australia a tad more often than they appear to. Would you go to a few if he dropped into Aus sometime in the next few years?

with the evolution of space travel they reckon they can reach the edge of space above the uk and wait for the earths rotation of 1000mph then drop down to australia in 2 hours.might be geriatric morrissey by the time it happens but its still morrissey.

Can someone post who the people on the screen are during this tour? I only recognize Oscar Wilde

Can someone post who the people on the screen are during this tour? I only recognize Oscar Wilde
A large (painstakingly) researched list of all that have been identified (still a work in progress):
A pictorial version of said - so you can just match images:
Not got time to list them all, but if there's a specific image - will help.
FWD.

Looks and sounds like it was a great gig
& Unique venue to see him in.

I’m looking forward already to the next U.K. / Europe dates , hopefully get to see him next year (if not November / Xmas after the US shows if we’re lucky

Back
Top Bottom