Lincoln, NE - Rococo Theatre (May 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / All You Need Is Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

set list provided by dewdrop

Last edited by a moderator:
He was talking about the drive from Denver to Lincoln and how he was feeling sad. Let the man tell his story!

What an asshole! First he cancels twice. Then he does a shit show and walks off without thanking the crowd or doing an encore. I encourage every fan to skip this tour.

As much promise as the snow began with--the first five songs before the story interruption were amazing!--it ended with Morrissey punishing the crowd for the rude behavior of one idiot. While I completely understand Moz feeling disrespected, I wish he had been able to rise above and not let it ruin the night. The last ten songs, while still performed well, were filled with such tension and animosity it was difficult to derive much enjoyment. The crowd tried to win back a decent performance, but Moz could not let it go. I left the show deeply saddened as a long time fan given such a rare opportunity to experience a night with a musical hero. Deeply disappointed.

While I agree that people should shut up when the person on stage is speaking, Moz should have fought fire with fire. Or at least ignored the guy. When "Sunday" started, from my vantage point it seemed that him not singing and handing the mic to crowd members was almost playful. That feeling quickly went away when the song was cut short and Boz went over to him for a quick powwow...maybe asking if he wanted to keep the show going? After that, the rest of the show had a tense feeling. I might be projecting, but the band members looked like they weren't enjoying themselves, and when the teardown crew came on after "Someday," to their credit, they handed out multiple guitar picks to the crowd to their credit...almost like an apology. But they crumpled up all the set lists instead of handing them out, which I'm guessing was due to the abortive encore.

I understand that shit happens, and an annoying incident can throw a performer off. But why take that attitude out on the people who are there, excited to take part in the show? I drove 6 hours to be there, took time off work, etc. The least he can do is not let one misheard comment sour an entire show.

Pull a page of out of Paul Weller's book, Moz. Next time someone's yelling during a show, just say "f*** off, mate" (or the equivalent).

http://www.nme.com/news/paul-weller/77412

Like many of you I was there. It started off great, but the whole boring banter soured it.. In my opinion, the banter played into it but people wouldn't shut up and kept yelling. The one I heard the most was some guy yelling about how they drove from Chicago when Morrissey was trying to talk. Moz seemed really into it when he first started, of course he cooled off quick. Honestly, I kinda get it. However I've often heard him say "he's a professional." I wish he would have let it go and finished it strong. Kind of a let down overall, and it appears he felt the same. I saw the Standells last Friday night. They played to a nearly empty venue, but damn they rocked and came back for an encoure. Never seen an artist/band not come back out for one - ever...

In my opinion the venue wasn't good. The seats/booths sucked. My view was continually impeeded by the venue's gestapo. Moz's stage left goon got pretty rough with one guy. If it wasn't Moz's guy please correct me. I've had moz cancel on more times than I've seen him. I didn't pay much for my tickets and got them last minute. It was worth it for the price I paid.. If I'd paid full price my feelings would be different.

I love Moz, but he's Moz - moody, dramatic, and a diva. I saw Johnny Marr last year and it was better than anything I'd seen from Moz in years. Just my 2 cents...

Oh well let's cheer ourselves up a little shall we ? Fill in the "boring missing caption competition" The winner gets a deluxe ultimate pirate snide box with lyrics and one of Mozza's mocca's in it?

"On our drive from Denver to Lincoln today.............................................................."

I felt very bored and wondered if I should cancel tonight but (trademark boring pause) But, but I've done that twice already, which leads me to The world is full of crashing boring Tossers and I should know.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

While I agree that people should shut up when the person on stage is speaking, Moz should have fought fire with fire. Or at least ignored the guy. When "Sunday" started, from my vantage point it seemed that him not singing and handing the mic to crowd members was almost playful. That feeling quickly went away when the song was cut short and Boz went over to him for a quick powwow...maybe asking if he wanted to keep the show going? After that, the rest of the show had a tense feeling. I might be projecting, but the band members looked like they weren't enjoying themselves, and when the teardown crew came on after "Someday," to their credit, they handed out multiple guitar picks to the crowd to their credit...almost like an apology. But they crumpled up all the set lists instead of handing them out, which I'm guessing was due to the abortive encore.

I understand that shit happens, and an annoying incident can throw a performer off. But why take that attitude out on the people who are there, excited to take part in the show? I drove 6 hours to be there, took time off work, etc. The least he can do is not let one misheard comment sour an entire show.

Pull a page of out of Paul Weller's book, Moz. Next time someone's yelling during a show, just say "f*** off, mate" (or the equivalent).

http://www.nme.com/news/paul-weller/77412

They stopped handing out setlists a few years back. I used to get them handed to me from crew members who I knew after some of the shows, and then one day they said they weren't allowed to. I am not totally sure why this changed, but it's a fact, so don't think that it had anything to do with Lincoln.

I understand him being temperamental, but there were a LOT of fans there last night who had bought tickets THREE times before only to have him cancel. If anything, he owed that crowd a little more than normal. My opinion of Morrissey took a dump last night. I don't want to hear "the crowd wasn't supporting him enough". We paid good money for him to entertain us, not the other way around. I would love to see this reputation get some legs and his crowds getting smaller and smaller. I know that I'll never spend another penny on anything that has anything to do with that asshole

I was at the Lincoln show last night, and from my perspective, both the artist and the crowd failed. I was stunned by the lack of respect from some audience members — talking during the songs, laughing loudly, shouting at inappropriate times. That was appalling.

HOWEVER, there were also a lot of respectful, enthusiastic fans (myself among them) who were punished for something they had no control over. How many of us suffered crushing disappointment after last year's multiple cancellations, and bought tickets again, only to be treated so rudely by the artist?

The facts are these:

1) We, as individual audience members, have ZERO control over how a show goes. People keep talking about "the audience" as a singular entity, as if there was a meeting beforehand where we all arrived at a consensus about how we'd behave during the show. We can't control our fellow ticket-holders, all we can do is buy a ticket, show our support, sing along, and applaud our man.

2) Morrissey, on the other hand, DOES have control over how a show goes. He has the opportunity to give 100% regardless of what select audience members are doing. He could give 100% just to spite the rude patrons, or for the sake of his art, or (gasp!) out of mutual respect for those audience members who've enthusiastically supported him for 30 years. Yes, he has a right to not give his fans his very best, but, please, let's not pretend that it's cool. It's not.

That said, most of the songs we got were excellent. Moz sounded terrific, and the band was tight. It's a shame he petered out during "Yes, I Am Blind" and "Every Day is Like Sunday." I've got memories of the Omaha Orpheum show in '07, and that'll have to do.

Whoever is dancing in front of this guy is in the zone. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
"On our drive from Denver to Lincoln today............................................. ................."

"#Benny tweeted me and said he was going to produce some juicy succulent Lincolnshire sausages to mark this leg of the tour, so ! (pause) so tomorrow ! " (long pause) at this point someone interrupts and shouts "He's gonna make a shitload of wild-boaring sausages"

Benny-the-British-Butcher (World sausages are my business) stp

My exceedingly high anticipation was overcome with an even higher diappointment when I realized the show was over. In one short hour my 30 year impression of Morrissey was wiped away and now I will likely never waste my time and money again on a live show. I quess it's back to recordings, at least I get to decide when it ends...

"On our drive from Denver to Lincoln today............................................. ................."

"#Benny tweeted me and said he was going to produce some juicy succulent Lincolnshire sausages to mark this leg of the tour, so ! (pause) so tomorrow ! " (long pause) at this point someone interrupts and shouts "He's gonna make a shitload of wild-boaring sausages"

Benny-the-British-Butcher (World sausages are my business) stp

jesus-sausage.jpg

Hey, what's with the stp? Are you now into fuel additives?

STP_logo.png

I went to the show with my sister. She's a huge fan and I enjoy his music, although to a lesser degree. We bought tickets the first and second time he was supposed to show up and I had my doubts going into this one. Personally, I wish he would have just cancelled again. It was obvious that he didn't want to be there and was looking for a way out. Sure a couple of jack-asses shouted out while he was trying to tell us some great story about his drive over. BIG DEAL. In my opinion, it could have been easily nipped in the bud by him saying something along the lines of "you want to shut up, people paid money to hear me, not you", but instead he threw a little hissy fit like I used to expect from my daughter when she was four years old. But again, given his disposition from the get-go, it should come as no surprise that he looked for the first opportunity to bail on the people who were paying his freight - 99% of whom were ripped off. You would have thought perhaps that after cancelling on people twice before, we might have been treated to something special. Anyway, lesson learned, I kind of suspected he was a self-aggrandising prick before I witnessed it first hand - sometimes you just should go with your gut. Speaking of which, I was the guy who worked up an appetite from the slide show - I forgot to grab something beforehand.

With the deepest respect to Lincoln, Nebraska, should a star of Morrissey's luminosity really be needing to turn up there and similar places thirty plus years into his career? Why does he do it?

The next artist at the Rococo Theater [sic] is Don Williams at the end of June. Tickets are still available.

I shall make a batch of Jesus rolls in your honour Crystal.
Support the process .
I have always believed in voting Crystal, yes they are all lying cheating so and so's but we are privileged to have a vote, I'd be pissed if it was taken away from me.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

With the deepest respect to Lincoln, Nebraska, should a star of Morrissey's luminosity really be needing to turn up there and similar places thirty plus years into his career? Why does he do it?

The next artist at the Rococo Theater [sic] is Don Williams at the end of June. Tickets are still available.

..he fills his bill on purpose, just so he can walk out on a few. this time, the victim was Lincoln..could be any town in the future. Thats how he rolls.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom