Lyrics that only Morrissey could sing...

I figured that. In the US, we are a tad more vulgar. the American version of that expression would be "he thinks his shit don't stink." ;)

lmao thats quite a good one

lmao thats quite a good one

hmm, yes. this reminds me. I don't know how familiar you Brits are with the rap group Outkast, but they had a hit here a few years back (around the same time as "Hey-ya") called "Roses" and the chorus went a little somethin like dis:

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like boo-boo
Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo
:eek:

sorry, i actually liked that album, don't hate!

ok nap time4me.

Last edited:
"Win yourself a cheap tray"....something I actually did the day the record came out as I was playing bingo on Southend seafront.I won my nan a lovely tray with a poem to "grandma" on it.It was a treasured tray:Deven if it was cheap.

"Your leg came to rest against mine,then you lounged with knees up and apart"....can`t help thinking the legs were female as not a lot of point in a bloke having his legs apart really is there?

"Through hail and snow I`d go,just to moon yer"....I wonder if little Morrissey used to moon?:D

"It was a good lay"

Oh I could go on and on...His lyrics are never morose ..just always witty and real.God bless him.

Last edited:
"Your leg came to rest against mine, then you lounged with knees up and apart"

Yes, and that's from YATQ, looong before the infamous kegs, and nobody came up with this (I think), while discussing the recent "atrocities" :rolleyes:
Helluva poetry...

Yes, and that's from YATQ, looong before the infamous kegs, and nobody came up with this (I think), while discussing the recent "atrocities" :rolleyes:
Helluva poetry...

I so love come Back to Camden...who else could possibly write such brazen lines?Such a beautiful song with such an explicit line and yet it works because its Morrissey.The imagery it conjures up!!!:o

Well, could it be
He's only got one knee ?

Churchillian legs
Hair barely there

Lawyer ...liar
Lawyer ...liar

And you're just so busy
Busy, busy
Busy scissors

"Through hail and snow I`d go,just to moon yer"

oh god yes..

and something ive always admired about him is that he throws in a line like that in a song that (seemingly) doesnt call for it at all

and it always fits

perfectly

sense of humor, brilliant

"Win yourself a cheap tray"....something I actually did the day the record came out as I was playing bingo on Southend seafront.I won my nan a lovely tray with a poem to "grandma" on it.It was a treasured tray:Deven if it was cheap.

"Your leg came to rest against mine,then you lounged with knees up and apart"....can`t help thinking the legs were female as not a lot of point in a bloke having his legs apart really is there?

"Through hail and snow I`d go,just to moon yer"....I wonder if little Morrissey used to moon?:D

"It was a good lay"

Oh I could go on and on...His lyrics are never morose ..just always witty and real.God bless him.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom