Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure. I think they both have quite obsessive personalities. they never do anything by halves - so when Johnny drank, he was sinking whole bottles of Rémy Martin, brandy and coke, etc... and then a switch went on in his head and he completely overhauled his lifestyle to an almost fanatical degree. He swapped one obsession for another.

I do believe that part of Moz is the same, but maybe his situation isn't. It's probably easier to quit the booze if you're drinking for fun, for example. Moz, I dare say, more likely drinks to self-medicate for depression and social anxiety etc and replacing that crutch is not as easy.

I recently watched the Ronnie O'Sullivan documentary and it was interesting how much he also turned to running, nutrition and fitness as a way of helping him give up addictions. I'm not being dramatic in saying that it seemed like running saved his life, it gave him a new focus. There are probably all kinds of reasons that people run, of course, but... interesting.
God that Ronnie O'Sullivan documentary is so good, isn't it? I just loved how open he allowed himself to be. Another deeply flawed genius.

He doesn't need expensive medical treatment in Switzerland, there's enough doctors and psychiatrists on this forum alone!

Media item from Sky News mentions morrissey-solo and says Moz needs two weeks rest.
@Famous when dead

https://news.sky.com/story/morrisse...er-two-shows-cancelled-in-california-13058155

"According to the website Morrissey-Solo"; just what a man tormented for years by endless vengeful fabrications and negligent errors on that very site carrying his name, needs to hear on his sick-bed.

The BBC's citation is even worse, His tour dates in February have also been cancelled, according to his website. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68121824

After all these years, the BBC know very well Morrissey-solo is not his website. They also know very well how saying so would annoy him.

The Irish Times get it about right - https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...sical-exhaustion-after-cancelling-tour-dates/

Thank you.
Donnie says 2wks.
We say fully cancelled tour as official sources said similar.
Regards,
FWD.

Which official sources, fwd? Has Morrissey-solo been given the right to speak on behalf of Morrissey? I recall similarly slipshod handling of new information over an item on Passage, the Mancunian band. Didn't the official information from Morrissey's camp come only after the MSolo public message? https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ed-according-to-ocesa.151950/#post-1987573498

This needs clarifying. The fact that extractive journalistic practices bypassing credit-giving are becoming more common, even at legacy media levels, doesn't make whoever practices them any less of an 'asshole'.

There are people on social media who are these gigantic whales just going through and sweeping up a bunch of stuff and presenting it as their own. Social media enables soft plagiarism so easily.”

But imposture is unethical and repugnant, and needs to be addressed. Sources should always be cited. If Morrissey-solo is willing to act as the mouth-piece for news about Morrissey from time to time, they need to ask permission from official representatives, and only if a reply in the affirmative is received, then make announcements as approved by official sources, with respect and circumspection. The sniping would need to be gotten under control, and other loose ends tidied up in line with good industry standards. Ceasefire, please. You are killing the thing you love.

Last edited:
Your bitching and moaning is ridiculous, the thread is to discuss the announcement and that is what we are doing when you aren't interrupting with your digs and nonsense
its you thats ridiculous blaming a pair of flared trousers for his latest misdemeanour.twat.

The Guardian mentions Morrissey Solo as well.

A hack on a Guardian podcast claimed that music hacks have no journalism skills - but seriously - you're looking at this site & you don't think there might be more angles you could look into than 'he was in the Smiths, then became evil, the end'?

How is that possible?

Maybe there are hacks on this website too, if, as was previously discovered, a couple of hundred thousand euro in annual income is being pocketed on the back of keeping Morrissey miserable? And nothing's stopping Guardian and other hacks then influencing these 'unofficial' narratives?

All other artist website community forums I've found require registration, and have artist gatekeepers.

https://www.paulweller.com/

https://www.sting.com/community

https://www.madonna.com/login

https://iggypop.com/?frontpage=true

I think Iggy's social forum has been taken down. He's no tours lined up for now either. Nice website though, with a tasteful selection from past media riches.

As has been noted several times by various observers, unchecked lies and character assassinations on this site are sometimes fed by media operatives pressed for time into un-validated mainstream coverage. The evidence that this happens is before us.

This is a sin. Advances in information technology and increasing remoteness from sources may partly explain growing irresponsibility. Concerns are many now: Nick Cave's letter about creative degradation by AI, Hollywood writer strikes, author court cases, and so on. This is a ridiculous layer of human devaluation for a few companies' great gains that is being too rapidly accepted around the world.

There is a sense of licence to join in and feel important opinionating and holding forth judgementally on this website. Bigmouths at every turn. For any part I've played in this, I am sorry. For example, certain song tracks on the latest albums. I was wrong and stupid to dissect them on grounds other than artistic expression. Central to Morrissey's work and appreciation of it is having relevant and often controversial things to say.

Morrissey means the world to me. He was affecting me through people I cared for who had already found solace in him during The Smiths era, long before I paid more attention to the music and the messages. I am one of the many people he re-attuned to better values and more vast vistas; fun, glamour and style as well as culture. He gave me courage to make new choices, which haven't necessarily made things more convenient but have made it easier to live with myself. May Morrissey be peaceful, happy and light in body and mind, and may he soon be ready to emerge, refreshed, to take whatever direction is right for him now.

430116502_b96783799c_o.jpg

With all due respect, I don't think Donnie should say f*ck all to the 'fans' who post on this site. Most of the people here don't even seem to go to gigs (or haven't for decades) and many of the threads are entirely toxic and hateful about Morrissey, his band, crew, and even some fans. So I don't really think anyone on here should be sitting around waiting for apologies or more detailed explanations: not on this page anyway.
Well said.

Last edited:
You can tell that this "Donnie" character is a douche just buy the tone of this fragment of an apology.

No offense, but you are fuc$ing idiot to fly half way around the world to see any performer without backup plans i.e. I am going to LA to visit my family and by the way I hope to catch the Morrissey concert which is icing on the cake.. The man is 65 years old and I don't think he is a big fan of air travel in the first place. Morrissey is a world treasure and quite possibly the greatest singer/songwriter to ever step foot on earth in his genre. He was on a massive roll. Dog was his best record in years and I think Jessie really came into his own on that record with some great guitar work. His next release was to be Bonfire which is said to be one of the best records of his career before Miley Cyrus hosed it and I am sure Without Music would have been a great follow up to Bonfire. Take care of yourself Morrissey we love you and care about you. The world is a much better place with you in it and as the great philosopher Ringo Starr says, Peace and Love everybody!
(y)
Agree. But there are people here that believe,
simply because Morrissey sets up shows
(btw, the same one that is known to cancel repeatedly) that they shouldn’t take some responsibility for making the decision to buy tickets in the first place.

Somehow they forget who they are buying tickets for. Lol.

Not that they shouldn’t take that chance if they choose to. But ultimately, Morrissey is not responsible for their devotion.

Last edited:
But then again, this could be the fresh start that he needs. Get the two records out, get an entirely new band or get the lads plus Brendan (Spencer sucks), get healthy and play a strong setlist that fans want...or am I dreaming again?

No offense, but you are fuc$ing idiot to fly half way around the world to see any performer without backup plans i.e. I am going to LA to visit my family and by the way I hope to catch the Morrissey concert which is icing on the cake.. The man is 65 years old and I don't think he is a big fan of air travel in the first place. Morrissey is a world treasure and quite possibly the greatest singer/songwriter to ever step foot on earth in his genre. He was on a massive roll. Dog was his best record in years and I think Jessie really came into his own on that record with some great guitar work. His next release was to be Bonfire which is said to be one of the best records of his career before Miley Cyrus hosed it and I am sure Without Music would have been a great follow up to Bonfire. Take care of yourself Morrissey we love you and care about you. The world is a much better place with you in it and as the great philosopher Ringo Starr says, Peace and Love everybody!
It's not Miley's fault that Moz blabbed about her being on the song.

Yeah that car crash was just so shocking. Many seem to have to get to rock bottom before turning things around.
No where to go from bottom, but either lateral and stay at bottom, or turn around.

💖"Golden Lights displaying your name. Golden Lights a whole lotta fame...Oh my darling, Why did you change."?💖 ....Your glory made you forget."!

Yes. But too bad, and this is just speculation, that due to contractual reasons with her new label, that she couldn’t have somehow permitted or fought for the use of her vocal on Veronica that she did before she signed the contract. Money may have won out here, I guess we can’t blame her.

It wasn’t money, it was personal. Miley was dating producer Andrew Watt and then they broke up. Read Moz’ message about that again, he implied it was personal.

What a refreshingly blunt post! The most hateful comments seems to be coming from people who had no intention to go to any of these shows, which seems very weird and unhealthy. For anyone who bought a ticket you receive a refund. So what's the problem then? Yes maybe some disappointment, but if you are as devoted to Morrissey as some of you claim, seems very suspect that you don't give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him well and hope his physical and mental health improves. The travel costs argument is borderline nonsense too. You can purchase travel insurance with event cancellation coverage, so very silly not to do that. In addition many travel websites provide for 24 hour cancellation coverage with no questions asked. As an aside, I thought the Quarry shows were an awful idea anyway. It's certainly not one of his best. A previous poster suggested that Morrissey stick with residencies after his hopeful recovery. That seems like an excellent idea. Maybe even have decade theme night for each date (80's 90's 00's etc) That could be a lot of fun and guarantee repeat attendance

I can see exactly what is happening. I don't blame him at all. You carry on Morrissey. You drink yourself stupid if you want to. You've never had the recognition you deserve. Drink drink drink and be ill tonight.

Maybe there are hacks on this website too, if, as was previously discovered, a couple of hundred thousand euro in annual income is being pocketed on the back of keeping Morrissey miserable? And nothing's stopping Guardian and other hacks then influencing these 'unofficial' narratives?

All other artist website community forums I've found require registration, and have artist gatekeepers.

https://www.paulweller.com/

https://www.sting.com/community

https://www.madonna.com/login

https://iggypop.com/?frontpage=true

I think Iggy's social forum has been taken down. He's no tours lined up for now either. Nice website though, with a tasteful selection from past media riches.

As has been noted several times by various observers, unchecked lies and character assassinations on this site are sometimes fed by media operatives pressed for time into un-validated mainstream coverage. The evidence that this happens is before us.

I don't think hacks are posting on Solo for cash - I think they have biases & bad fact checking skills.

It wasn’t money, it was personal. Miley was dating producer Andrew Watt and then they broke up. Read Moz’ message about that again, he implied it was personal.

Please, a link to that, would be helpful.

yes, I remember him implying that there may have been other influences, though I thought that was within the industry. But contractual agreements also seemed an issue.

As far as a relationship between A and M? I don’t understand the connection, or full story as to how that a breakup may change her mind about being on the song. Of course we could imagine and speculate on such things until the cows come home.

Last edited:
Physical exhaustion and/or chronic fatigue syndrome (Myalgic encephalomyelitis, the textbook term for it) may cause body aches but, more importantly in the case of a singer, cause memory loss, lack of concentration, lack of reaction etc….. so if someone were to consider themselves a serious ‘performer’ in front of a crowd, it would appear the ultimate humiliation.
Actually Myalgic encephalomyelitis - known as M.E. - or sometimes as Chronic fatigue and immunity deficiency Syndrome - is not the same as Physical Exhaustion but is a distinct condition affecting multiple bodily systems, very often severely debilitating and lifelong, often following a relapsing and remitting pattern. While it invariably includes physical exhaustion as a symptom it is not the same as a diagnosis of Physical Exhaustion. The physical exhaustion is a necessary but not sufficient symptom for diagnosis of M.E. Very much hope Moz has not developed M.E. as it is hellish.

Back
Top Bottom