Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
never understood encores,you play a bunch of songs then you walk off then if somebody claps you walk back on and sing another song,only good thing here is your steps for the day even better if your spinal tap and get lost backstage.
Agreed, ive been to some gigs where theres hardly any clapping or noise between the last song and the encore, which must be a bit deflating for the band

wallofsoundgb-13072023-0004.jpg
wallofsoundgb-13072023-0003.jpg
wallofsoundgb-13072023-0002.jpg
wallofsoundgb-13072023-0001.jpg

wallofsoundgb - IG.

Indeed. I have no hesitation in suggesting this triumph will get him a deal, and the outcome that the man himself demands.

Onwards to victory!

hey Skinny, have any idea why he would cancel the other night, if ‘it’s all about the money’ ?

Indeed. I have no hesitation in suggesting this triumph will get him a deal, and the outcome that the man himself demands.

Onwards to victory!

OR he can just keep on touring more and more (and more)! Once the band gets better in sync, they'll be adding/removing some songs hopefully. That would be nice. :p (IN FACT...do this soon!)

I'm not as concerned with a label deal as some others are. He can entirely bypass his 'reputation issues' this way, by performing well with continuous shows. That's really what it's all about, with as much of a discography as he already has - performing well (and often) is his true success.

Last edited:
'Little Man, What Now?' is one of my top 10 fave solo songs of his - always has been. I'm happy that it seems Morrissey really likes that song as well. :)

"No Management"

This is not correct. He has always been bad in figures, so he has a team who works for him to sign contracts for such events, otherwise, he would be screwed getting just peanuts like in the Smiths days when he saw nothing from the tours. He is not able to be his own manager and live agent whereas Robert Smith does everything, hiring the venues, getting local promoters, paying the crew, RS supervises everything.
Maybe it's just the tour manager, Donnie.
Could explain why he seems to feel he needs him.

'Little Man, What Now?' is one of my top 10 fave solo songs of his - always has been. I'm happy that it seems Morrissey really likes that song as well. :)
He's a tease.

He persists with these stale setlists, and then gives us a snippet of a classic which he hasn't sung for many years. But only a snippet.

Why doesn't he actually sing the song in full?

I was running late and missed the support bands , where they any good ?
The Lottery Winners were surprisingly entertaining. The vocalist was clearly a huge Smiths fan and used self-depreciating humour to get the crowd in the palm of his hand from the beginning. Never heard them before, but I wouldn't mind having these guys as a permanent tour support. Be more interesting than sitting through the same stale intro music/Youtube videos.

The Slow Readers Club seemed proficient but very bland in comparison. Totally without charisma, and like watching paint dry. But again - it's something to look at. I think I'd prefer any support band than nothing.

He's a tease.

He persists with these stale setlists, and then gives us a snippet of a classic which he hasn't sung for many years. But only a snippet.

Why doesn't he actually sing the song in full?
He did sing Little Man last year in Birmingham and on the US tour once !!

Didn't realise that. I know it was played in 2002.

Anyway, the point still stands. He has a multitude of great songs which seldom, if ever, see the light of day.

The likes of How Soon Is Now and Irish Blood, English Heart could do with a rest.

HSIN and Throwing My Arms, absolutely - they could go.

He can keep great songs like Suedehead and Jack The Ripper always. I don't think those could get old. What's interesting too is how different those two tracks can sound with each new tour or new lineup.

Didn't realise that. I know it was played in 2002.

Anyway, the point still stands. He has a multitude of great songs which seldom, if ever, see the light of day.

The likes of How Soon Is Now and Irish Blood, English Heart could do with a rest.
Its a tricky one. I would love to see some different songs as well. But to see the joy and excitement from the people last night was a treasure. We spoke to many who had either only seen him once or twice or were attending their first show and the place went mental especially for IBEH. I always hope for a few surprises in the set, but last night was an absolute triumph. In the pubs after everyone was buzzing. Still hope for a couple of new additions by the time Aylesbury comes around.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom