Morrissey Central "THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS" (November 15, 2023)

THANKSKILLING AND CHRISTMAS A TIME FOR GOOD WILL TO ALL ANIMALS

Relates to this from 9yrs ago:

"PETA’s video “Someday,” brought to life by Los Angeles animator Anna Saunders, was created in honor of Morrissey’s 55th birthday."

Related item:

A question to those who eat red meat. Why is meat-eating so important for you? It’s almost as if it’s a “religious” thing. You get very defensive about it, are quick to judge or mock those who do not eat meat, and the thought of giving up meat is on par with an existential crisis, almost.

I’ve had several dietary habits, and right now my stomach (IBS) determine my diet. But I gave up meat when I was in my early twenties and it wasn’t a big deal. I was never a fervent meat-eater myself.
I think they act defensive because they feel like they're being judged by vegans. I admit, when I thought of going vegan years back (I didnt), it was the thought of feeling superior that was the major draw. It wasn't a conscious feeling of superiority, just a vague feeling of purifying myself, which in retrospect I recognize as a feeling of superiority. Vegans may pretend that they dont feel superior to meat eaters, but we all know they do. And maybe it's justified, but when it comes to people's eating habits, people like to be left alone to eat as they see fit.

I think they act defensive because they feel like they're being judged by vegans. I admit, when I thought of going vegan years back (I didnt), it was the thought of feeling superior that was the major draw. It wasn't a conscious feeling of superiority, just a vague feeling of purifying myself, which in retrospect I recognize as a feeling of superiority. Vegans may pretend that they dont feel superior to meat eaters, but we all know they do.

And maybe it's justified, but when it comes to people's eating habits, people like to be left alone to eat as they see fit.

it’s justified. :)

Yeah, both sides want to be left alone when it comes to our personal eating habits. But when one’s dietary choices has an extremely negative impact on everyone and the very planet, then they make it everyone’s business what they eat.

‘Meat production accounts for 57 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions of the entire food production industry. It also results in widespread deforestation and loss of biodiversity, and each of these means that it significantly contributes to climate change’.

People who follow a plant-based diet account for 75 percent less in greenhouse gas emissions than those who eat more than 3.5 ounces of meat a day, and a vegan diet also results in significantly less harm to land, water and biodiversity, according to new research from the University of Oxford.

‘Animal agriculture produces 65% of the world's nitrous oxide emissions which has a global warming impact 296 times greater than carbon dioxide. Raising livestock for human consumption generates nearly 15% of total global greenhouse gas emissions, which is greater than all the transportation emissions combined’

And needs to be mentioned how people’s poor and dangerous dietary choices impacts the healthcare system ….

‘In the United States alone, eating meat leads to an estimated $28.6–61.4 billion per year in healthcare costs(as of 1992; Barnard, Nicholson, & Howard, 1995), and eating too much red meat, in particular, increases mortality rates (Pan et al., 2012) and increases the risk of diseases with a large societal impact such…..’

‘Introducing a health tax on red and processed meat could prevent more than 220,000 deaths and save over US$40 billion in healthcare costs every year, new Oxford University research suggests’

Last edited:
the number of cows,chickens,pigs and sheep slaughtered in 2020 was 73,162,794,213 that is one big number,up to date figures are probably even higher.

mosquitos kill a million humans a year,swings and roundabouts.

Because that would require him to commit to something. If he can't stand the smell of meat being cooked in a venue, then he would certainly have a problem with it in a restaurant, or sitting at a table with someone eating meat. There have been strong rumors over the years that he does occasionally eat meat and it would not surprise me if it's true. It is completely nonsensical and unbelievable that a staunch animal rights activist and vegan would give his money to a restaurant that cooks and serves meat. It's just another way he trolls his super fans and they fall for it.
I can remember a while back, morrissey saying in an article, that he doesn’t go to restaurants where meat is cooked/ served.
Is this still the case?
Or does he now enter these places, and is there evidence to support this, or not?

I know lately that fans have posted pictures of themselves with morrissey in pubs/ eating places.
Surely he doesn’t…. Does he?

I can remember a while back, morrissey saying in an article, that he doesn’t go to restaurants where meat is cooked/ served.
Is this still the case?
Or does he now enter these places, and is there evidence to support this, or not?

I know lately that fans have posted pictures of themselves with morrissey in pubs/ eating places.
Surely he doesn’t…. Does he?

So , let's see menu from The Blue Canoe in Tupelo :

So , let's see menu from The Blue Canoe in Tupelo :

Oh dear ☹️☹️☹️
This makes everything he’s said over the last 40 years, absolutely contradictory.

The only thing I’ve ever really believed about Mozz, especially when he wasn’t prepared to do gigs where meat was sold, was that he would never enter an establishment where meat was cooked.

This now unfortunately adds weight to what skinny and the Butcher have been saying for years☹️☹️☹️☹️

Yet another sad day for me in
The land of Morrissey.

Because they wish to taste familiar flavours and textures without the exploitation, suffering and killing of sentient beings. Simple.
One would think that if you're so against killing animals that you would be disgusted by the taste and smell, but obviously you're not. Why can't you just eat regular vegetables without pretending it's meat? Makes no sense.

Hypothetical thought: What if we told Morrissey who he could or could not love? Is it any of our business? Is it his business what we eat?
Precisely. It's nobody's business. But the meatless crap being sold in the meat department in grocery stores is goddam annoying.

Oh dear ☹️☹️☹️
This makes everything he’s said over the last 40 years, absolutely contradictory.

The only thing I’ve ever really believed about Mozz, especially when he wasn’t prepared to do gigs where meat was sold, was that he would never enter an establishment where meat was cooked.

This now unfortunately adds weight to what skinny and the Butcher have been saying for years☹️☹️☹️☹️

Yet another sad day for me in
The land of Morrissey.
most pubs stop serving food after a certain time,he can nip in for a few pints after that time.
the guy is in his mid 60s,let him enjoy what time he has left on this planet.

I don’t think that my previous post needs to be explained that much.

When Morrissey has the absolute power to close Down McDonalds ECT at his gigs, is well, breathtakingly beautiful and spectacular.
There ain’t that many people on this planet
That have the presence, nor the will to do so.
For this he has my complete admiration.
But then, as usual, he goes and 4ucks it all up by going to a place where meat is
Cooked and sold.

Can you see my point here ?

I don’t think that my previous post needs to be explained that much.

When Morrissey has the absolute power to close Down McDonalds ECT at his gigs, is well, breathtakingly beautiful and spectacular.
There ain’t that many people on this planet
That have the presence, nor the will to do so.
For this he has my complete admiration.
But then, as usual, he goes and 4ucks it all up by going to a place where meat is
Cooked and sold.

Can you see my point here ?

As much as we’d like to, we can’t control every
situation. And neither could Morrissey.

I’m sure if the smell of cooked animals was bad enough he would leave the place.

Can you see my point?

To add, if Morrissey really didn’t/couldn’t enter places that served meat, what hotels could he stay in?

Why enter a place where the stench of death is smelt and sliced then served ?

He’s told us lot not to do so for many a year
Has he not?

And what of hotels?

I’m sure he has his reasons that may or may not contradict what you may have remembered or may not have remembered correctly that he once supposedly said in an interview.

And as I’ve already said ..

As much as we’d like to, we can’t control every situation. And neither could Morrissey.

I’m sure if the smell of cooked animals was bad enough he would leave the place.

Has he? Has he not? Yes it sounds like something he would say or may have said? Where was it said? In what context was it said? Why did he not say ‘don’t go into places thst serve animal flesh, if you can avoid not to’ Would that be too long winded? Would that be a good answer to a question the interviewer was asking him? Or maybe it goes without saying? We would really need to see these interviews.

And what of the other contradictions? He was promoting Meat is Murder, but at the same time still wearing leather shoes. Take this all into consideration.
I wish I’d never said 4ck all now 😂😂😂

When did he say this, Carlislebaz? Because in Autobiography he tells twice about walking out of a restaurant if someone he was with ordered meat, Jake the photographer and his 90s manager Arnold. So it seems like he’ll eat in these places, but he won’t tolerate meat at his table. He joked on Jonathan Ross that he could be friends with a meat-eater, but “only over the telephone.”

If I’m quite honest Audrey… I can’t remember the when’s and why’s , but there is something in the back of my brain telling me so.
Possibly after autobiography…. I was hoping someone would have by now, stepped in and corrected my statement if it needed to be.
So I could be wrong……..

Anyhow….. he shouldn’t be going to these places, even if he is only going for drinks…

Is not pumping money into a place that deals in death ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom