TTY: San Francisco International Airport, part 2

View attachment 34804

"I'd rather be home taking care of business." Sounds like he is having a bang-up time sequestered in South America. Remains to be seen if he is simply homesick - or sick of the "day job."

It's one thing to "fall on your sword" by rebutting the claims of a dismissed, no-name opening act, quite another entirely to take the head of a multinational musical conglomerate to task for failing to re-release an available song as a tribute to the victims of the Paris attacks.

Dont worry Jamie ! Martin knows he's almost home and dry with his kiss and tell book.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I feel sympathy for him possibly being misguided and looking for his way back on track, but at the end of the day I can't help but wonder if he's just plain mean. :(

Geeez - this is getting pretty unbearable... I'm finding it painful to watch his decline. Morrissey should retire while he has a hint of dignity and former glory left.
Can we not start a #getoffthestage campaign on twitter or something? I mean, in a loving way... the way you would try to persuade your embarrassing old uncle to stop going to clubs to hit on young girls.
It's just time. I'd rather dwell on the good old days than have to bear more mediocre albums and idiotic public statements.

That's because his royalties buy him luxuries - he said it himself - and he has been able to buy a bubble around him - he has no idea whatsoever what everyday life is for you and I, and can pay people to do his bidding and answering. All because of money. And that's a pretty sad state of affairs, I genuinely feel sorry for him.
Can you tell me if you ever listen to Morrissey or Smiths' music anymore? Or anyone else's? And what are your feelings when you do? It seems to me that you can get no enjoyment out of them, or anything else for that matter.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Can you tell me if you ever listen to Morrissey or Smiths' music anymore? Or anyone else's? And what are your feelings when you do? It seems to me that you can get no enjoyment out of them, or anything else for that matter.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Every day I do. Every day. Meat Is Murder is a stupendous album. I Am Hated For Loving is a wonderful song. My commute is 1hr 20 m, so I have plenty of time to listen. I enjoy the music now as I ever have done. I also enjoy Midlake, Joanna Newsom, plenty of Radiohead, Insect Warfare, Bogshed, Carpenters and many more. Music brings me much joy.

The outrage is all very well but has anyone actually seen/read this other than Morrissey-Solo's best and bold?

That is kind and generous but you have to remember they get paid by him. I could understand to a point just taking the check and saying nothing, and I don't really see anyone trashing the band too much except for Boz, and I did write that he may not be ready to walk away from a band he has made a career of. But he's allowed his name to be attached to this with that insane email, and it's not surprising people make comments about it. I think Boz seems like a nice guy, too, and he is obviously loyal to Morrissey, whether the reason is financial or not. I guess we will see how it shakes out because I think Morrissey's income is going to take a huge decline. In the larger scheme of things when people think about Paris not too many people know or care about the things Morrissey has said and done in the past couple of weeks, but apparently the ISIS comment is getting some attention.
If the members of the band were to look for other work, I'm sure there are lots of indie bands that would be glad to have a former member of Morrissey's band, but they would have to learn new songs, deal with unknown personality issues, whereas at least they know what to expect with Morrissey, and most bands don't tour as much as he has been, so it would probably mean less security, less status, and possibly less money. But it's beyond obvious why Alain is happier working with Rihanna and other pop acts.

There, you do it again. It's exactly what I mean. You practically accuse ALL band members of being purely money motivated, brainless people. Just because YOUR head is apparently obsessed with money that doesn't everybody elses' is.

Every day I do. Every day. Meat Is Murder is a stupendous album. I Am Hated For Loving is a wonderful song. My commute is 1hr 20 m, so I have plenty of time to listen. I enjoy the music now as I ever have done. I also enjoy Midlake, Joanna Newsom, plenty of Radiohead, Insect Warfare, Bogshed, Carpenters and many more. Music brings me much joy.
I'm glad to hear that. Your posts never seem to include anything music-related.
It's good to hear that your view of the man hasn't changed your appreciation of the music.

Probably not. And that's the tragedy of the situation.

How would that be a tragedy? So, you think it would be more important for everyone one the planet to know about and waste their time with this little Moz episode rather than to focus on the many big issues the world should discuss right now? Okaaay ...

Take note lil Sammy. If you have a pic of fat old Uncle Steve, you need to add a pic of fat old Elvis.

I went through SFO last weekend, and was looking for that specific TSA agent for the pat down, just to see if I got the Morrissey treatment. Anonymous-

Last edited:
There, you do it again. It's exactly what I mean. You practically accuse ALL band members of being purely money motivated, brainless people. Just because YOUR head is apparently obsessed with money that doesn't everybody elses' is.

I don't think I'm doing that at all. Do you know how hard it is to make a living as a musician, though? Money is absolutely a consideration. Instead of just criticizing my point of view, which is fair, tell me how you see it. Money is not important? It's not important when all your bills are paid and you're doing what you like to do, but if you don't have it the landlord doesn't say, "Oh, that's cool. Just play me your new song and we're good."
Do you pay your own bills? Do you have any responsibilities? Children? Rent? If you live at your mom's house and the refrigerator always has something in it I can see where you might think money is not important, and I'm not saying that is the case. I am not trying to insult you. Maybe you're saying that the band all love Morrissey and the music they play, and that they think everything is just hunky dory, but there's a general consensus that Morrissey is destroying his career and reputation, and what I said is that he is taking Boz with him. That Paris email is ridiculous and will not do Boz any favors.

So tell me how you see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but believe me, the only people that say "money isn't important" are people that have all their bills paid.

Look at Solo going apeshit YET AGAIN over another Moz quote. He really gets under your skin, huh?

I'm a big fan, and I don't even spend half as much time on him and this site as those who dislike him does.

:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: SOOOOO true !

Yes, the Chapman-brigade headed by Sir FatUncle are ready at every new Moz-quote to have a go and stick in the knife.
It would have been sad if it wasn't so hilarious. The sad and ironic thing about it is of course that they spent the majority of their lives idolizing the man (literally scanning every other page where his name was mentioned in one very desperate person's case). The person they are now hates the person they were then. In fact, they are so ashamed of the people they were, they bully and berate every other person on here who comes close to resembling their former selves.

' they bully and berate every other person on here who comes to resembling their former selves' :thumb:

Re: San Francisco International Airport, part 2

letm e copy and paste an Anonymus post, seen on the previous page:

''I think it's pretty clear that everyone who visits here loved Morrissey 'at some point'. And when you have invested years (maybe even decades) of affection towards someone and their art, watching them turn into a self-destructive, car-crash caricature of themselves is something that's hard to turn away from. Even if it's painful. ''

Sooooo 'painful' THAT YOU/THEY COME BACK FOR MORE again and again and.....

:straightface:

- - - Updated - - -

If this is the case, and you state it, so you certainly think it is, what is your opinion of Morrissey, the man once created fantastic songs, now wasting his time just to wind up some people here? Isn't there something else useful he could engage himself in?

Who said... he says these things... 'just to wind up some people here ' ? Don't flatter yourselves.

' they bully and berate every other person on here who comes to resembling their former selves' :thumb:

You don't like us but you love us oh so ! You spend more time talking about us than Silly Steven of Crankfraud #Paris for profit/publicity NUMBER ONE SHIT SEX SCENE WRITER.

SILLY STEVEN ! Mad as a box of frogs ! Discuss and stay on topic your stupid little facey things are non of my beeswax and achieve nothing other than highlight your stupidity.
This is Steven Solo if you wish to talk all things Benny please go to the appropriate site on the interwebs, thanks.

Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Back
Top Bottom