Johnny Marr supports Morrissey over Kimmel / Duck Dynasty squabble

Dalfan sends the link:

Interview: Johnny Marr On ‘The Messenger,’ Morrissey & Writing For Teenagers - radio.com

Excerpt:

As most know, the early part of Marr’s career was spent accompanying Morrissey’s signature vocals with equally iconic guitar lines. These days, however, the two have been known to trade barbs. Despite this, Marr seemed to have Moz’s back when asked what he thought of his former bandmate’s recent drama with Jimmy Kimmel. The ardently anti-meat Moz canceled his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! earlier this month because he would have been appearing alongside guests from the hunting reality show Duck Dynasty. Moz told Kimmel he’d appear if he ditched Duck Dynasty, a demand Marr – himself a vegan – told us sounded “reasonable.”

Last edited:
"Another thing I would do for him is make a candlelit bubble bath and serve him champaign while he soaks in the tub. Remember that picture where his feet are dangling from the tub? MEOW!!!!!!"

How could I forget that picture, it is on my key chain ( a bit difficult to explain to strangers). I feel a bit guilty because we are discussing him as a sex object; the man is a literary genious, a poet who sings like an angel; but in all fairness, if he does not want stangers fantasizing about him, then he should stop being so damn hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even when he is hot pink, he is stunning.

"Jersey Shore" (not NEW Jersey!)"
I live in a quaint, Victorian seaside town in New Jersey, and the cast of that show was refused permission to live/ film here. Not all people from New Jersey have those accents or deplorable behavior, and the ones that do not despise those cast members more than you could possibly imagine. Please do not judge all people based on the shallowness of some. That is like presuming that all French people speak like Pepe la Pew and like Jerry Lewis; that sort of thinking is marginalizing and unfair.

Sweetie...I grew up in NJ- Exit8 NJT, 139 GSP. I grew up with arseholes like the people on that show (rich, arrogant, Italian snobs. I'm Italian but we were poor and knew better than to act like that!). My daughter watched the show as did my students. Every day was like, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" I hated the show "Growing Up Gotti" as well. Jon Bon Jovi had some very choice words for those gafones on Jersey Shore!
You kind of missed my joke about Moz doing a Jersey Shore ...and put him in a house with middle-aged people (not teenie boppers). Can you imagine the songs he could write after that experience?

"I'm surrounded by Idiots"
"We Hate It When Our Friends Become Incontinent"
"Why God? Why Me? Why Now?"
"Every Day Is Like Every Other day"
"Let Me Kick You"

I thought this up after reading that article about the Asperger's bass player!

Sweetie...I grew up in NJ- Exit8 NJT, 139 GSP. I grew up with arseholes like the people on that show (rich, arrogant, Italian snobs. I'm Italian but we were poor and knew better than to act like that!). My daughter watched the show as did my students. Every day was like, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" I hated the show "Growing Up Gotti" as well. Jon Bon Jovi had some very choice words for those gafones on Jersey Shore!
You kind of missed my joke about Moz doing a Jersey Shore ...and put him in a house with middle-aged people (not teenie boppers). Can you imagine the songs he could write after that experience?

"I'm surrounded by Idiots"
"We Hate It When Our Friends Become Incontinent"
"Why God? Why Me? Why Now?"
"Every Day Is Like Every Other day"
"Let Me Kick You"

I thought this up after reading that article about the Asperger's bass player!

:rofl:

"You kind of missed my joke about Moz doing a Jersey Shore"

Sorry, I'm kind of sensitive about the whole "jersey shore" thing. People think that everyone from the state is like that, as you probably already know.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom