Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
£250 for signed vinyl.

Wild.

I once bought a signed copy of “Years Of Reluctance” for 70 euros in Rotterdam. You had to ask for the signed vinyl at the merch stand, it wasn’t on display. And they were numbered. No more than 25 copies available.

Those were the days.

I once bought a signed copy of “Years Of Reluctance” for 70 euros in Rotterdam. You had to ask for the signed vinyl at the merch stand, it wasn’t on display. And they were numbered. No more than 25 copies available.

Those were the days.
Brilliant. It’s never being called Refusal again in our house. 🤣

Those were the days.
Is this another unreleased album..?

I was there last night - the sound could’ve been better but then it was an outdoor show and it comes with the territory. However that opening salvo of 5 songs was the best opening run I’ve seen Moz do, it was fantastic. He was in good form as well, full of amusing banter. Ignore the haters, this was a great night and the crowd were in a joyous mood, lapping it up.

is Notre Dame potentially his worst song, ever??
Upon reflection, i think it’s up there. Musically it’s not the worst thing in the world, but Morrissey doesn’t sing , he speaks, and he speaks absolute shite for what felt like an ungodly about of time (it was probably about 4 minutes)
What an absolute dirge, the conspiracy element is bizarre and baffling enough but there’s not even a tangible tune to it

is Notre Dame potentially his worst song, ever??
Upon reflection, i think it’s up there. Musically it’s not the worst thing in the world, but Morrissey doesn’t sing , he speaks, and he speaks absolute shite for what felt like an ungodly about of time (it was probably about 4 minutes)
What an absolute dirge, the conspiracy element is bizarre and baffling enough but there’s not even a tangible tune to it
No, it’s great. It’s like moody, atmospheric disco 😆

I was watching the pre-show soundcheck after Slow Readers finished and you could see the team knew something was wrong with the setup on Carmen's side. These things happen but in that case I think it should have been sorted. Wiped her out for most of Suedehead and Stop Me, although the group covered it pretty well.

So you're saying £210 for the signature isn't daylight robbery? By the way I've managed to get every Moz/Smiths album on vinyl for £20 or less each, except for Louder Than Bombs which cost around £25. All new. Except for Southpaw, Maladjusted, Quarry, Ringleader and World Peace which really need to be reissued on vinyl.
What I’m saying is that to have a signed copy of one of the great albums (Vauxhall & I) that means the world to me in my collection , then no, it wasn’t robbery or I wouldn’t have paid for it!

Do I wish he was doing what he done with the years of refusal album (20 signed at the end of each show and no markup on the price of the vinyl, well of course I do, but Merch is where the money is these days for live touring acts and certain price of what value is in his signature

Notre dame is a new song / first time played live in Leeds
Good number of the other songs have never been commercially released / will only be known to hardcore support that an outdoor gig like that tonight won’t necessarily accommodate

It’s actually quite a brave setlist for such a big gig for Morrissey (personally I’d have numerous others played instead , but it’s Morrissey , get used to him shooting himself in the foot with poorly judged setlists that done capitalise on his amazing catalogue
Yeah, I know, we're all used to it by now. I was referring to the decline in the sheer number of songs on the setlist and already found 20 songs (including a single encore) to be very short, to be honest. But when it's down to 18 songs now consistently, it becomes even more difficult to add newer or different songs and to have a balanced setlist, where he plays classics, new stuff and his favourites. It's sad for the dedicated attendee to get such a short setlist. But he surely has his reasons for it.
Can't explain it better than Robert Smith, but he hit the nail on the head there (the feeling that you don't want it to end, the anticipation for the gig, etc. He's talking about his experience as a concert goer...)

Last edited:
One of the best Morrissey gigs I've ever been to, everyone around me absolutely loved every second, and what do you know... I hop on to solo and you're all moaning about the set-list/band/crowd/ your receding hairlines. Classic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom