Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Good for Moz. Duck Dynasty - a disgusting show for, and featuring, the lowest form of human beings. Ugh...

Surprised Jimmy Kimmel would have this TV show cast featured at all...in the past few months he's had A-listers on his show!!

Jimmy Kimmel has Duck Dynasty on because it is the number one rated cable television show.
By your thinking Morrissey should not be on the show, because he is not "A" list.
Morrissey could only dream of having as many people watch him as do Duck Dynasty.

I absolutely don't see why anyone's surprised here. He's just rescheduled a load of dates and needs to sell some more tickets. Whenever he's got something to sell he says or does something to keep his name in the news. It's ALWAYS been like that.

P.

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

People kill animals? NO WAY, Go Moz!, ............ now you just have to avoid all the other people that kill animals,,,,,,,,,,,, I wonder if russel bland has ever killed anything, I fu**ing hope so :)

Why do you hope so??? Don't you know that Russel and Morrissey is great pals??? They love each other!

Morrissey could only dream of having as many people watch him as do Duck Dynasty.

Million flies can't be wrong about shit being marellous

Is Morrissey's mum dead?! That's what it says in that yahoo article

Is Morrissey's mum dead?! That's what it says in that yahoo article

I think Davidt emailed the right person at yahoo to correct that.

Why do you hope so??? Don't you know that Russel and Morrissey is great pals??? They love each other!

Mate, I know (your american, right?)........I just think Bland is a total arse, 'Thats all'

I had no idea it was wrong to look for a canine companion. Message received.

Ah, Publicity. So many crimes...etc.

I absolutely don't see why anyone's surprised here. He's just rescheduled a load of dates and needs to sell some more tickets. Whenever he's got something to sell he says or does something to keep his name in the news. It's ALWAYS been like that.

P.

He can't win with you can he?

Surely by your logic it would have made more sense to go on Jimmy Kimmel and say something outrageous - that would have been a much bigger platform and he would have made a much bigger splash than just by cancelling.

He isn't struggling for ticket sales at the moment is he - he seems to be selling out every show?

He is surley actually demaging his ticket sales by making this stand, firstly by losing the opportunity to promote the shows on TV (which was probably the point of the appearance) and secondly by further aleinating certain people in his audience who don't agree with this stance and who have already faced cancellations before.

Its quite a leap to intrprete this TV show cancellation as a publicity stunt but nevermind, I bet you'd have had some eqaully illuminating things to say had he actually gone on the show alongside "Duck Dynasty"

We've been having a bit of a larf with this on Twitter - duck-related Smiths/Moz songs, including...

Goldeneye Lights
Mallardjusted
Quack To The Old House
Beak Up The Family
Smew've Got Everything Now
What Difference Does It Drake?

And from Johnny Marr - Down On The Corner

P.

Million flies can't be wrong about shit being marellous

Is that why so many of them are flying about your head when you go out doors?

He's a man of principles, I'll give him that.

Ok then why does'nt he stand up for his principles and stand up these duck geezers then ? Who wrote the line "And if a fight broke out here tonight, you'd be the first away because your that type" ?

Thats right he has'nt even shown up to run away in the first place because he's scared, he can give it verbal in an interview but when it comes face to face and toe to toe he will just wish the ground would open up and take him down.
Morrissey has been asked countless times to appear on a politics show in the UK called 'question time', its a live audience debate with a guest panel of five guests and a chairman, now Morrissey has always had outspoken views about politics and public figures and throwing them pelters so you would think he would love the chance for some publicity on a show like that but no, surprise surprise years of refusal ? (Remember he got Andy Rourke to sack guitarist after Johnny left when trying to carry on as the Smiths)

Anyway I count six in Morrissey's line up against four in these Duck-nuts ? So why is he on the run where is his "Northern Pride" ? This is a man who is selling Americans t-shirts which say on the front "Salford School of Hard Knocks" ffs !
He's been banging on about this Staples centre being meat free and it turns out its gonna be anything but so if he really is a man of principles as you say above then he should go on the Jimmy Kimmel show and spark these ducks out either with his witty intelligence or his fists and then tell Staples to cut the meat or he's not showing up.

Yet so far he,s demanding the Ducks are off the show ! Pathetic ! A man of no substance only GREED ha !!!!!

Your gonna need someone on your side and here I am my arse. O Manchester nothing to answer for. Thankyou to the brave ones eh ?

Ann Coates

Goldeneye Lights
Mallardjusted
Quack To The Old House
Beak Up The Family

P.

These are a great way to build up one's vocab. But did you know there was a real duck in the Smiths?
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canard_de_Smith

;)

hey all I see the new dates but on TicketMaster next to Flint, MI it says CANCELLED. Anyone have news on this since its posted as happening on FB....Hell I dont care I am going to Atlanta...I just wonder what the drama is about Flint!!!!!!

I emailed the Whiting and received a response from the ticket office. Morrissey will perform (hopefully) on April 8th and Ticketmaster will reflect this as well. Tickets on sale 3-1-13 at 10am. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

We've been having a bit of a larf with this on Twitter - duck-related Smiths/Moz songs, including...

Goldeneye Lights
Mallardjusted
Quack To The Old House
Beak Up The Family

P.

Still bill
Billy budd
National hunt disco
Seasick yet still ducked

Benny the butcher

gotta go with Morrissey on this one, just seems like waving red in front of a bull :p
expecting him to perform on the same show as those idiots :rolleyes:

Morrissey could've gone on "Kimmel" and busted out "Break Up The Family" as a shot across the bow of their dumbass family. I've only seen about 4 minutes of that idiotic show and I think all of the characters are from the same family. Plus they all look like 19th President Rutherford B. Hayes in varying stages of his life which is bizarre. I respect Morrissey for deciding not to do the show and sticking with his principles. Good for him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
kimmel morrissey
Back
Top Bottom